We can help
Hire our expert media planners to find, plan and place your next promotion.
Radio Advertising Agency
The Media Ant is India's leading Radio Advertising Agency. We help advertisers with the best rates and plans for their radio campaigns. We are also a registered agency for advertising in All India Radio. We can help you with advertising in both private FM radio stations as well as government stations.
The Media Ant is a leading FM Radio Advertising Agency In India. We can help you advertise in FM Radio stations in Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Mumbai among other 80 cities where FM Radio advertising is possible.
With an extensive tie up across all FM stations in India like Radio Mirchi, Red FM, AIR, Radio Fever, Radio Indigo, Suryan FM, Radio One among others, you can be assured of the best FM Radio advertising rate when working with The Media Ant.
You can find the complete list of FM Stations In India with their card rate and best advertising offer rate online at The Media Ant. You can contact The Media Ant, the Radio advertising agency either through email help@TheMediaAnt.com or calling us at 80674-15510
We also help the FM Radio advertisers get their radio jingles recorded for free.
Radio Advertising Rates
The Media Ant is committed to getting the most accurate data for the users. Hence, we ensure the advertising rates are updated on a frequent basis. Most advertising platforms update their rates at the beginning of a new year.
Hence, it is very important to check the updated radio advertising rates before booking your campaign. To find the updated Radio Advertising Rates 2022, please click on the media card on the page, visit the particular radio advertising option, and look for the latest radio advertising rates 2022 under the heading “Top Choice /Other Ad Options”.
Radio advertisements are a form of commercial that can be heard on the radio. They typically last for 30-60 seconds and often rely on catch phrases or jingles to grab audience attention. The content of these ads varies from product information, to special offers, and announcements about upcoming products, services, events etc.
For the longest time, radio advertisements were a popular and successful way to advertise for products. But with the advent of television and now internet advertising, is there still a place for radio ads? A survey conducted by MediaPost suggests that some advertisers are turning back to this medium because it has an advantage over TV when it comes to targeting specific audiences such as children or adult speakers.
Radio advertisements are becoming more and more popular in the media industry. For example, McDonald's has been running a series of radio ads on the hit TV show "Friends" which is known for its large teenage audience. In conclusion, with radio being an easily accessible medium, it will be interesting to see how much longer these advertising trends can last before they start declining again.
Radio Advertising Costs
Radio advertising costs depend on many factors. Here are two common criteria to segregate radio advertising costs:
1. FCT and non-FCT: FCT stands for Free Commercial Time. This refers to the breaks during the radio programs as well as between two radio programs. The FCT is measured in units of 10 seconds. A brand can play audio ads known as jingle during the breaks. Usually, a jingle can be anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds long.
The radio advertising costs for FCT would be calculated on the basis of the jingle length, the number of times the radio ad would be played as well as the time slot when the ads would be played.
Non FCT radio advertising refers to other radio advertising options like sponsorship tags, RJ mentions, contests, studio shift etc. The radio advertising costs for non-FCT ad options depend on the frequency of ads as well as the time slots.
2. Popular and Premium: In the section above, we talked about jingles, RJ mention, contests, sponsorship tags etc that are popular advertising options. The radio advertising costs for these popular radio advertising options are based on frequency and time band hence even companies with smaller budget can also aim for them.
There are also premium radio advertising options like roadblock and studio shift that demand blocking a lot of resources and hence radio advertising costs for these options are quite high. Apart from this, radio advertising costs may also cover charges for content creation or on-ground activations, a few other services offered by the radio channels.
Radio Advertising Prices
Radio advertising prices would vary on basis of several factors:
- Ad Type: Radio advertising prices depend on the type of radio ads brands would want to run. For example, radio advertising prices for radio ad types like jingles that run during the breaks in the radio program might be lesser as compared to those that play during the show like RJ mention and contests. There are also premium radio ad types like roadblock and studio shift that create impact but are also priced higher.
- Ad Duration: Radio advertising prices for radio ad types like jingle would also depend on how long the advertisements are since they are charged on per 10 second.
- Time Band: Radio is mostly listened to by people traveling to and from work hence radio advertising prices during morning and evening are the highest.
- Radio Station: Popular radio stations like Red FM, Radio Mirchi, Radio City often have higher radio advertising prices due to higher listenership.
- City: Metro cities often have more listenership as compared to smaller cities and this can reflect in the radio advertising prices.
Radio FM Advertisement Charges
Radio FM advertising suffered a major hit during Covid-19 related lockdowns. As the world embraced work from home, with lesser number of people traveling to work, radio FM advertisement charges also suffered. However, in the year 2022, with offices opening again, radio FM advertisements have become one of the most popular advertising options for city level targeting. Radio FM advertisement charges would cover the following:
(a) Content ideation charges: Most brands come up with the message that they want to convey to the audience however, they need help in creating the script focused on radio advertising only. This is one of the radio FM advertisement charges.
(b) Content creation charges: After the script is ready, brands often need help from agencies to create the advertisements. This includes the Radio FM advertisement charges of audio recording the jingle.
(c) Radio advertising charges: Once the ad is ready, the next set of radio FM advertisement charges pertains to running the ads by buying slots on the selected radio stations.
(d) Additional charges for integrated radio campaigns: Most radio stations have evolved with time to offer additional services to make the radio campaign a 360-degree campaign. This might include digital, outdoor and non-traditional medium promotion and adds to the radio FM advertisement charges.
FM Radio Advertising In India
FM Radio Advertising in India started with the launch of Radio City Bangalore, on July 3, 2001 as India's first private FM radio station. Hitherto, only All India Radio popularly known as AIR used to broadcast Radio content and Radio ads in India.
Worldwide FM Radio advertising contributes to almost 10% of total marketing spends but in India Radio Advertising accounts for less than 5% of marketing spend.
Popular FM stations in India are Radio Mirchi, Radio One, Red FM, Radio Fever and FM AIR Rainbow. There are approximately more than 80 FM stations across cities in India. Large FM Radio markets are Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata and Mumbai.
Cost For Advertising In FM Radio
FM Radio rate is quoted in terms of how much a 10 sec ad played once would cost on that particular radio station. FM Advertising cost varies from Rs 50 per 10 sec to as high as Rs 2,500 per 10 sec.
The cost of FM advertising depends on the number of listeners and time band at which ads are played. FM stations in Metro like Radio Mirchi Delhi, Red FM Mumbai, Radio Fever Mumbai, Radio Indigo Bangalore, Radio City Hyderabad, Radio One Pune, Radio Suryan FM Chennai are few of the most popular FM stations in India both for listeners as well as advertisers.
FM Radio stations share the Radio advertising rate card. Depending on the volume of the advertising campaign, discounted FM radio advertising rates are then shared.
Work with your radio advertising agency to help you get a discounted rate for FM advertising. The Media Ant provides Best FM radio advertising rate on the website. Please select the city and station of your choice to see the FM Radio Advertising Card Rate and also FM Radio Advertising best discounted rate.
List of time bands for advertising in FM Radio and their relative cost are:
Morning Prime Time
Morning 7am - 12 noon
Evening Prime Time
Evening 5pm - 9pm
12 Noon to 5 pm
Advantages of Radio Advertising
FM Radio Advertising has many advantages. Advertisers chose to advertise on FM Radio and is popular for the following reasons:
- FM Radio advertising has the advantage of local targeting. Through playing an ad on FM, one can reach out to a single city. For e.g: a brand wanting to target only Delhi NCR through FM Radio can pick only Radio Mirchi Delhi or Red FM Delhi
- FM Radio advertising helps reach a listener multiple times. As research suggests, a consumer needs to listen to an ad 4-5 times before he/she takes an action or forms an opinion. FM Radio advertising has a great advantage for high frequency marketing campaigns
- An FM advertiser can use multiple jingles in a single FM Radio advertising campaign
- FM Radio Advertising rate provides one of the lowest cost per reach
List Of FM Radio Advertising Options
Most popular media option for FM Radio Advertising. Radio jingle is played which can be anywhere between 10 seconds to 2 minutes. Advertising rates for jingle is the lowest rate among all other radio advertising media options.
A subtle form of FM Radio advertising, popular RJs talk about the brand on radio. FM Stations charge a premium for advertising on radio FM through RJ mentions
Brands can sponsor a popular program on radio. FM Stations provide sponsorship tags for free as a part of the FM Radio advertising package.
Brands can give away prizes to FM Radio listeners who participate in contests run by popular RJs on their radio shows. An interesting FM Radio advertising format which comes at a premium on regular FM radio advertising rate.
Brands can sponsor time check on the FM Radio. An FM advertising format suitable for long term advertisers.
Radio RJs can come and cover the event at advertiser location. This is one of the most expensive FM Radio advertisement options and radio stations charge a heavy premium on the regular card rate of FM Radio advertising.
Brands can choose to play only their ads for a given period of time. This FM advertising options give brands an opportunity to reach out in a non cluttered environment on Radio. As this is a premium advertising option on FM radio, advertisers pay a premium of regular FM radio advertising rate.
Timeline For Advertising In Radio
FM Radio advertising schedule is prepared every night for the next day. So if an advertiser can provide the jingle before 4 pm, the campaign can start the next day. FM Stations advertising department does not work on the weekends.
Proof of Execution of a FM Radio ad campaign
FM Radio stations provide the advertisers and the radio advertising agencies with a time schedule. The ad time schedule has the exact time at which ad would be played on the FM, and is made available to the advertiser in advance.
At the end of the campaign, FM stations provide a Radio ad broadcast certificate which acts as a proof of execution.
For RJ mentions and other FM advertising options, radio stations provide recordings on request.
Best Practices in FM Radio advertising
- Try to get your ad placed closer to the ad breaks in the radio program
- Select your advertising time band on FM Radio in line with your consumer’s listenership habit
- Use a mix of jingle length first to create impact and then to maintain continuity in a radio campaign
- Ask for FM advertising freebies such as mentions of brand by the RJ
- Do not buy at FM advertising rate card. Ask your radio agency for discounted rate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) On FM Radio Advertising
1. What is RAM in the context of Radio advertising in India?
RAM starts for Radio Audience Meter and reports FM Radio listenership in India. This is a paid service. Not all stations participate in RAM survey.
2. How do I get listenership for a FM radio station?
Number of listeners for a particular radio stations is reported by RAM. This is a paid service and is available for free for 4 cities in India at E4M. You can check listenership data for FM stations in Delhi, FM stations in Bangalore, FM stations in Mumbai and FM stations in Kolkata.
3. How much does it cost to advertise on FM radio?
FM Radio advertising cost starts at Rs 30 per 10 sec and goes upto Rs 2,500 for a 10 sec ad. FM Radio advertising rate is always mentioned as cost for playing your 10 sec once on a FM station. You can get the complete list of FM Radio stations in India at The Media Ant.
4. How much does it cost to run a 30 second radio ad?
Advertising rate for a 30 sec ad on a FM station would be three times that of the advertising rate card.
5. What is the meaning of radio spot?
Radio spot in FM Advertising parlance refers to the jingle that is played as an ad during the ad break.
6. How to give advertisements on FM Radio?
To give an ad in FM Radio stations try to reach out to a radio advertising agency. They will help you both with selecting the right FM channel to advertise as well as getting the best rate for FM advertising.
The Media Ant by virtue of being a leading radio advertising agency with its offices in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore, can provide the best planning support as well as best FM radio advertising rate.
7. How can I get my Radio jingle recorded?
You can get your radio jingle recorded either through a professional studio or through the radio stations. Most radio advertising agencies help advertisers in getting their jingle recorded.
8. How long should I advertise on FM Radio?
While there is no extend on maximum days, it is recommended to advertise on FM Radio at least for a week.
9. How do I create an effective FM radio ad?
To create an effective ad in radio, have an interesting story. Please remember that radio listening is a passive action and ad needs to be interesting for people to take notice. Offers are also used to make a radio ad interesting.
10. Who are few of the popular RJs in FM Radio in India?
Here is the List of few popular RJs in India FM Radio stations:
11. What does it cost to advertise on the radio
Jingles are the most popular radio ad type. We will understand how much it costs to advertise on radio for a jingle. Let’s assume we have a jingle 20-second long that needs to be promoted on Red FM Delhi.
The first step is to find the cost to advertise on the radio for one second per day. One can check the cost to advertise on the radio for Red FM Delhi here.
The radio advertising cost per second per day on Red FM is INR 105. If I select the prime-time slot, then the cost to advertise on the radio per second per day becomes INR 120. Let’s assume that we want to run the ad 6 times per day for 6 consecutive days.
Then, the total cost to advertise on the radio can be calculated as INR 120 X 20 (the jingle length) X 6 (frequency per day) X 6 (total number of days). This would sum up to INR 86,400.
Adding a GST of 18%, the total cost to advertise on the radio would be INR 101,952.
List of Radio Advertising Agencies in India
- FM Radio Advertising Agency in Ahmedabad
- FM Radio Advertising Agency in Jaipur
- FM Radio Advertising Agency in Chennai
- FM Radio Advertising Agency in Hyderabad
- FM Radio Advertising Agency in Delhi NCR
- FM Radio Advertising Agency in Kolkata
- FM Radio Advertising Agency in Mumbai
- FM Radio Advertising Agency in Pune
- FM Radio Advertising Agency in Bangalore
Top 10 Radio Advertisers in Delhi in Jan-March 2022
1 Signature Global City
2 Vimal Pan Masala
3 Govt. Of Delhi - Mukhyamantri Covid-19 Pariwar Aarthik Sahayata Yojna
4 Transport Dept.
6 LIC Housing Finance - Home Loan
8 JioMart - Special Offer
9 LIC - Nivesh Plus