About Media Ant
Media Ant is a 7-year-old media agency. Advertisers use TheMediaAnt.com to select,
plan and buy advertising space. For e.g. One can choose the right radio stations and
digital advertising avenues in Delhi, prepare a plan based on the budget and then pay &
Media Ant site enables anyone with an internet connection to be able to create their own
marketing plan and execute it. www.TheMediaAnt.com is also the world’s largest free
online repository of media-related information.
Through the use of technology and the right mix of online-offline support, Media Ant is able
to help any brand execute their ad campaign irrespective of their spend size and
Media Ant is the winner of various startup awards including Economic Times Power of Ideas
and Top Bootstrapped Startups in India.
What is the role of the Account Management Team in The Media Ant?
Role of the Account Management team is to bring new clients to The Media Ant through
offline reach out and the below-mentioned work is carried out:
1. Build a list of potential clients, reach out to them, fix meetings, gather
requirements, share plans and get business.
2. Building the reach out list involves online research to find potential advertisers,
finding their contact details and making cold calls/email.
3. During the meeting, the Account Manager is expected to gather client requirements,
share plans and work towards getting business.
4. Post getting the business, Account Manager needs to work towards executing
the advertising campaign smoothly
5. Account Manager continues being the single point of contact for the advertiser
even during the campaign execution.
This requires working with cross-functional teams within The Media Ant namely
Partnerships team and the Central Planning team.
Summary of the work involved are:
1. Building the pipeline: Finding contact details of potential advertisers. While
there is a central marketing team to assist, but the primary responsibility of the
pipeline building lies with the Account Manager
2. Fixing Meetings: Reach out the advertisers from the pipeline and set up
meetings. The reach out can happen over email as well as calls
3. Gather requirement: Use the meetings to gather requirements. In case there is
no immediate requirement, maintain a relationship with the potential advertisers
for future requirement
4. Addressing the client requirements: Work closely with central Partnerships
and Planning team to address the client queries
5. Campaign execution: Execute and monitor the campaigns. Remain the single
point of contact for the advertiser in The Media Ant
Role of Manager, Account Management
1. Generate new business
2. More business from the existing clients
The everyday job involved - Manager, Account Management
1. Create a list of the potential advertiser from Radio and multiple such sources
2. Use online tools to find the right contact person for advertising
3. Make cold calls/emails
4. Meet 1-2 client daily
5. Gather requirement, use central planning team to build an appropriate marketing
plan and share it with the client
6. Execute and monitor 1-2 campaign every day
MBA with more than 65% across 10th, 12th, Graduation and MBA
Work experience requirement
1. Work experience of 3 – 5 years in B2B Sales in Radio Industry
2. Candidates with media sales (Mainly Radio) experience will be preferred,
however, the basic requirement experiences in Radio Sales
3. Candidates who have worked in other media companies like Radio Stations and
agencies would be the ideal fit
Other important skills and traits required to succeed in this role and The
Media Ant, general:
1. Good at identifying potential SMEs and Startups who can advertise
2. Ability to research and find relevant contacts in these organizations
3. Ability to understand client requirement and pitch relevant solution
4. Strong communication skills
5. Reliable and can work independently with minimum supervision
Location : Delhi
Vacancy : 1