- According to GroupM’s ‘TYNY’ (This Year Next Year) 2021 report, India will be the 6th largest contributor to global ad spends in 2021.
- Pitch Madison’s Advertising Report 2021 states that advertisers deserted TV, Print and Radio in Q2 2020, but by Q4, they returned to the fold. Radio also attracted 150 additional advertisers in Q4 over Q1.
- In terms of categories, the biggest growth in the COVID-19 year has come from the e-commerce category which recorded a 95% growth over 2019 and with its share in TV ADEX moving up by 6% points from 5% to 11% : PMAR 2021.
- Digital is the only medium that grew in 2020 by 10%. It is now the No. 2 medium having displaced Print with a share of 31%, up from 23% in 2019.
- Programmatic has taken firm root in Indian Digital ADEX and now almost 40% of all Digital spends are through Programmatic. Also 95% of all Digital spends are on Mobile : PMAR 2021.
- The number of OTT subscriber base has grown to be at least 150 million of which 29 million are paid subscribers. OTT content consumption in terms of hours per day has gone up by 14.5% : PMAR 2021.
- BARC top 5 advertisers of the week 6 (6th Feb- 12th Feb 2021) are – Hindustan Lever LTD, Reckitt Benckiser, Godrej Consumer Products, Ponds India and Proctor and Gamble.
- According to BARC weekly data, the following were the top 5 free and paid TV channels in week 6 (6th Feb – 12th Feb 2021) –
Paid– STAR Plus, Sun TV, STAR Maa, STAR Vijay, Colours
Free– Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Sony Pal, Colors Rishtey, Dhinchaak.