1. The Hindu to discontinue its Mumbai edition, will however maintain it’s presence in the Mumbai market through its national edition.
2. Times Internet has launched M360, a new publishing platform which will help Indian advertisers with an end-to-end solution in the digital media landscape. This SAAS (Software as a service) platform enables cross-platform publishing, content personalization, audience insights, and free-and-fair advertising at scale.
3. Facebook and BCG have released a new report following it’s previous “Turn the Tide” report. According to which the digital influence in India has significantly increased in urban consumers by almost 70% in some categories.
4. GroupM has released “This Year Next Year” global report, according to which the global advertising will decline by 9.9% in 2020. The report also forecasts the drop in each media vertical.
5. Big FM launches Big Radio Online (bigfmindia.com) a live web based radio space. The website will have all of the shows of Big FM and many other video shows across genres, mostly to indulge the youth.
6. According to OOH industry experts- brands are gearing up to start advertising on airports as domestic air travel picks up pace after the complete lockdown of 2 months.
7.BARC- Top advertisers of 24th week (13th-19th June): Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, Brooke Bond Lipton India, P&G Home products, ITC LTD.
8. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 24th week (13th- 19th June)-
- Pay– Sun TV, Star Plus, Sony Sab, Nick, Sony MAX.
- Free– Dangal, Colors Rishtey, Star Utsav, Big Magic, Sony Pal.
Stay tuned for the weekly update of top media ad news headlines.