1. According to TAM AdEx-Television Advertising Report-II for period Mar-Jun’20, GEC (General Entertainment Channel) witnessed the growth of almost 74% in average ad volumes in June when compared to April, and for news and movies it was 40% and 52% respectively.
2. Youtube has launched new tools which makes the video ads more shoppable by complementing the ad with a browsable product imagery to inspire the purchase and of similar products. The tool will also help advertisers with automation to drive conversions and flexibility to shift budget according to the metrics that matters the most.
3. Star India to discontinue India’s oldest English general entertainment channel Star World and lifestyle channel Fox Life.
4. The Municipal corporation of Mumbai has asked the media owners to remove COVID-19 awareness ads from the displays, the awareness ads have been mandated by the MCGM and have been running for almost 3 months for free of cost.
5. Google has launched a new dedicated TV section in its marketplace which will help advertisers and brands reach TV audiences across devices. Advertisers can directly search their audience by Geo or streaming device to find the right publishers for their campaigns, and can also discover and negotiate the delas.
6. LOCO, live game streaming app, has partnered with global esports organisation- Fnatic, as a part of the association, LOCO will onboard Fnatic India’s entire roster onto the app in which India’s leading gamers and streamers will broadcast the exclusive content on the platform. The two also aim to co-create unique E-sports content together.
7. Snapchat has launched a new Lens Web Builder which will allow brands and advertisers to create compelling lenses around their theme in minutes, without any additional support.
8. UNLU, a new celebrity engagement app has been launched whose main motive is to connect fans with their favourite celebrities and brands. The one important feature of the app is that now brands can easily get brand endorsements from celebrities at a fraction of price, and strengthen their branding game.
9. Shopclues has announced its partnership with ShemarooMe, as part of the partnership, Shopclues users can buy paid subscription of ShemarooMe’s content directly from the Shopclues’s platform and will also be able to use their loyalty points or CluesBuck points to buy the subscription.
10. BARC- Top advertisers of 23rd week (6th- 12th June): Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, ITC LTD, Brooke Bond Lipton India, P&G Home products.
11. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 23rd week (6th- 12th June)-
- Pay– Sun TV, Star Plus, Sony Sab, Nick, Sony MAX.
- Free– Dangal, Big Magic, Rishtey Cineplex, B4U Kadak, Colors Rishtey.
Stay tuned for the weekly update of top media ad news headlines.