1. ByteDance, TikTok’s parent company, has launched its social music streaming app Resso in India on 4th March.
2. Twitter has announced that it’ll start testing its own version of stories, Fleets, on which users will be able to upload 2 mins and 20 sec long videos.
3. Taboola has launched “Taboola Pro” program to empower digital marketing professionals with advanced knowledge to increase their customer acquisition.
4. Facebook to provide free ads for WHO (world health organization) to ensure that users don’t get misinformed about the coronavirus, it’s symptoms and how to react to it.
5. IMPACT Wrestling, the world’s largest professional wrestling organization, will be broadcasting 12 monthly IMPACT Plus specials on DSPORT and DSPORT HD across the Indian subcontinent.
6. NBC Universal has set a new record for selling out more than 1.25 Billion in national advertising for Tokyo Olympics, a new record for any broadcaster in games.
7. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has asked OTT players to set up an adjudicatory body and ensure some form of censorship for their content.
8. Pogo and Cartoon network ramped with original India production with the three new original cartoon shows.
9. According to Unmetric, social media intelligence firm, following were the top 5 posts on Facebook (India) in terms of engagement (Feb)- Kia Motors India, Fevikwik, Vicks India, Manforce Condoms, Burger King India.
10. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 8th week (22nd Feb- 28th Feb) of 2020-
Pay– Sun TV, Star Plus, Star Maa, Sony Sab, Zee TV
Free– Dangal, Big Magic, B4U Kadak, Zee Biskope, Bhojpuri Cinema.
Stay tuned for the weekly dose of your media-related news.