- As per BARC week 24 report, Aaj Tak is the top hindi news channel, channels like TV9 Bharatvarsh, India TV, Republic Bharat and News18 India have also made it to the top 5 channels.
- The IPL media rights auction ended on 14th June with Disney Star India grabbing TV rights, and Viacom18 taking over the digital rights. ICC has also floated their tender on June 20. (Source: E4M)
- The announcement of Nodwin Gaming broadcasting a gaming tournament on a sports channel has created buzz in the gaming industry. Star Sports also seeks to broadcast Battlegrounds Mobile India to take esports to the masses.
- New guidelines have been issued by the Central Board of Direct Taxes, on the applicability of 10% TDS provisions, regarding the advantages received by influencers; the perquisites can be in cash, or kind or both. Social media influencers will no longer be plied with freebies for exchange of promotions. The guidelines will be in effect from July 1.
- As per Vinay Panday chief revenue officer of Quora, ads on the digital knowledge platform are high performing. The platform has approximately 300 Mn monthly active users globally, and about 100 Mn MAU in India. (Source: E4M)
- RAM Ratings Week 17’22 – Week 20’22: Fever FM tops the spot in Delhi & Mumbai. BIG FM dominates in Bangalore and Mirchi in Kolkata.
- BARC’s top 5 advertisers of week 24 (11th June – 17th June 2022) are – Hindustan Lever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (India) Ltd, Procter & Gamble, GODREJ, Cadburys India.
- According to BARC weekly data, the following were the top 5 paid TV channels in week 24 (11th June – 17th June 2022) –
Paid– Sun TV, Star Maa, Star Plus, Goldmines, Sony SAB.