- According to a Bloomberg report, India is close to 20 Mn crypto investors and industry experts are of the opinion that the crypto sector needs to adopt a cautious approach towards its advertising options as well as ad spends. ASCI has already set out a number of guidelines to regulate crypto ads, starring celebrities and influencers.
- Moj app has marked two years in the digital industry and has announced the launch of Moj LIVE, a live video streaming platform. This platform will let the creators authentically show their talent and engage better with their audience in real-time. The app also expects a huge increase in their user base which will help brands to reach wide audience.
- The Advertising Standard Council of India warns EdTech companies to stop indulging in unfair trade practices which include misleading ads. Advertisers need to be extra cautious in order to meet the stringent requirements of the guidelines.
- Instagram, the meta-owned photo sharing platform, recently confirmed that it is testing to turn video posts into Reel videos. This will enable an easy video journey for users and help brands to tap into video ads.
- Instagram is testing new tools to verify the age of the user, and upload their age proof online. When the photo sharing platform will know that the user is a teen, it will by default make their account private and limit the options advertisers have to reach to them.
- Radio Mirchi is expanding its footprint into digital video content by launching its OTT App. Mirchi’s YouTube channel has grown to over 7 Mn and the intent of the OTT app is to create an immersive and multilingual audio experience.
- RAM Ratings Week 18’22 – 21’22: Radio Mirchi & Fever FM share top spot in Mumbai. Fever FM, Big FM and Mirchi take the lead in Delhi, Bangalore and Kolkata respectively.
- BARC’s top 5 advertisers of week 25(18th June – 24th June 2022) are – Hindustan Lever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (India) Ltd, Procter & Gamble, GODREJ, Pepsi.
- According to BARC weekly data, the following were the top 5 paid TV channels in week 25 (18th June – 24th June 2022) –
Paid– Sun TV, Star Maa, Star Plus, Goldmines,Dangal.