- The popular mobile game BGMI, created by gaming studio Ktafton, has recently been pulled from Apple and Android app stores. Krafton has said they are working with the authorities to sort the issues, while Apple and the Indian government haven’t said anything regarding the move.
- The Q2 revenue of Spotify has increased by 23% because of strong advertising growth. The total monthly average users has grown by 19% to 433 Mn.
- The leading Marathi GEC channel Star Pravah has brought its favourite shows to Fandrum for its fans. The objective is to increase the viewership and keep the fans in touch with what’s happening in the shows, celebrities and characters 24*7 and show their love.
- Industry experts are of the opinion that Commonwealth Esports Championship can be a great opportunity for advertisers due to the reach and scale of the event. The gaming industry is all geared towards the inaugural of esports in CWG which will take place in Birmingham on Aug 6 & 7. (Source: E4M)
- As per the Media Partners Asia report, India’s OTT video streaming market will touch $7 Bn revenue by 2027. In the OTT world, the competitive landscape is set to grow between the newly capitalized local players and the global giants.
- As per Google, YouTube was streamed on television by more than 55 Mn Indians in December 2021. The growth is 2.7X in the past 6 months, said the tech giant.
- BARC has rolled out the viewership data of Aaj Tak after the Sudhir Chaudhary show Black & White (Jun 24 – Jul 22 period). The channel has recorded 39% growth in the 1st day, 54% in 2nd day and 60% in the 3rd day. The 9pm slot is contributing 15% to Aaj Tak’s overall viewership, compared to 11% earlier.
- RAM ratings for week 22’22 – 25’22: Fever FM led the charts in Mumbai & Delhi. Bangalore was dominated by Big FM and Kolkata witnessed Radio Mirchi at the top.
- BARC’s top 5 advertisers of week 29 (16th July – 22nd July 2022) are -Hindustan Lever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser Group, GODREJ, Procter & Gamble, Cadburys.
- According to BARC weekly data, the following were the top 5 paid TV channels in week 29 (16th July – 22nd July 2022) –
Paid– Sun TV, Star Maa, Star Plus, Goldmines, Dangal.
|Was this article helpful?|