JioCinema is a streaming service owned by Viacom 18, a subsidiary of TV18. It was launched in September 2016 and offers a wide range of content including films, television shows, web series, music videos, documentaries, and sports. In September 2022, after a merger with Viacom 18, all sporting content was moved from Voot to JioCinema, making it the primary digital destination for sports content within the network. The service is available on mobile devices through the JioCinema app, which can be downloaded for both Android and iOS devices.
Top Facts About JioCinema
- The total number of visits to the JioCinema website during the month of November 2022 was 41.6 million.
- The audience segmentation for JioCinema is 33.15% Female and 66.85%Male, with the largest age group being 18-24 years (42.71%), followed by 25-34 years (31.25%).
- Even in the highly competitive environment in the Arts and Entertainment category, JioCinema traffic has increased by 504.8% compared to last month.
(Source: Similar Web)
Top Reasons to go for JioCinema Advertising
No subscription fee
There is no subscription fee for Jio sim users and the audience can stream everything free of cost with a lot of options on the platform, which makes it a go-to platform for users. Since the OTT is not charging for the subscription, it will attract users from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities as well which gives advertisers an opportunity to target niche audiences as well. Over the past few years, content in regional languages is gaining popularity. JioCinema is the perfect platform for advertisers who are looking to target audiences based on language as JioCinema offers a lot of varied content in these languages- Hindi, English, Marathi, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali, Gujarati, Punjabi, and Bhojpuri.
Prime destination for Sports Content
Viacom18, the joint venture between Reliance-controlled TV18 and US entertainment major Paramount Global (earlier ViacomCBS), will move all existing sporting properties from the company’s video-on-demand service VOOT to JioCinema and it has already begun with FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. JioCinema app had lifetime downloads of 400 million before the World Cup and had 32 million viewers during the final match; this figure is projected to increase, so it is a very good opportunity for advertisers looking for a wider reach specifically sports marketing.
(Source: Business standard)
Content is king
JioCinema is growing spectacularly in recent years and also tieing up with different platforms to bring a vast range of content to their platform making it a one-stop platform for the consumption of entertainment. It’s high time that advertisers should look in the direction of JioCinema since it is going to be a more enormous bird than it already is and also will bring a high ROI( Return on Investment) for the advertisers.
Top Ad Options on JioCinema
1. Video ads
There are two types of video ads that are made available by JioCinema-
PRE-ROLL VIDEO ADS
Pre-roll video ads are 6-10 seconds long, and non-skippable ads are played before the video starts. These ads are ideal for teasers, promoting special offers, or launching a product. They can target your customers based on demographics, location, interest, genre, or affluence.
MID-ROLL VIDEO ADS
Mid-roll video ads are 10-30 second, non-skippable ads played during the video content. These ads are ideal for branding, sequential story-telling, or consideration and are generally accompanied by a CTA button. Advertisers can target customers based on demographics, location, interest, genre, or affluence.
2. Masthead Banner Ads
A banner ad, often known as a web banner, is an advertisement that appears on a website or mobile application. The ad comprises images rather than text; it could even be a multimedia object in.png,.jpg, or.gif format. For 24 hours, masthead banners are shown at the top of the platform’s homepage. Masthead Banners can be displayed on the platform’s app and website.
3. Connected TV
To ease the understanding of connected TV and digital advertising on CTV, you might regard the CTV as a hybrid TV or a merging of computer technology and linear TV. Using connected TV, viewers can access video streaming services and search for digital content on the web. Connected TV advertising, or CTV advertising, allows brands to reach their audience on smart TVs and OTT devices.
Top Targeting Options on JioCinema
- Gender & Age Targeting: The audience can be targeted based on gender and age group.
- Location/Geo-Targeting: Geography targeting until the city level is possible on the JioCinema advertising platform.
- Interest-Based Targeting: JioCinema’s audience can be segregated based on interest and affinity like parents, online shoppers, auto enthusiasts, travel and fashion enthusiasts, mobile banking users, etc.
- Income Group Targeting: The audience can be segregated into low, middle, and high-income brackets.
- Program Genre Targeting: The audience can be targeted based on the content genre and language.
- Device/Telecom Provider Targeting: The operating system and telecom service providers can also be used as targeting filters.
- Top Shows– Segment your audiences according to the top shows available on the platform
- Language– Be closer to your audience by delivering your brand message in their preferred language, for JioCinema it is majorly Hindi Speaking Market and South Indian Market.
Top 3 Brands Categories that Should Advertise on JioCinema
- Software and Technology
Top 3 Cities that Prefer JioCinema Advertising
- Delhi NCR
Average CTR for JioCinema Advertising
0.30% – 0.40%
Why opt for a media agency for JioCinema advertising?
Media agencies like The Media Ant are a one-stop destination for all your advertising requirements.
- Wide range of advertising options on a single platform: From traditional advertising options like newspaper advertising to highly targeted in-app advertising, themediaant.com has 2 lakh+ media options to compare and select from.
- Best advertising rates: Years of association with media owners and high transaction volumes enables The Media Ant to negotiate the best advertising rates for the clients.
- Support throughout the campaign execution: Apart from buying ad spaces, The Media Ant also helps in planning the entire campaign and carrying out the execution on the ground, and sharing proof of execution and post-campaign evaluation report.
One Reply to “Media Kundli- JioCinema”
The Media World has been growing beyond the horizons and the process of communication has blown exponentially keeping the stalwarts of advertising on their toes. The efforts to gain the attention of the un known customer have gained momentum with high profile players fighting it out.