Paper Boat’s Digital Campaign to increase sales
Paper Boat is a brand of traditional Indian beverages and foods produced and marketed by Hector Beverages, headquartered in Bengaluru, India.
The product was launched by Hector Beverages in August 2013 and consisted of a range of traditional Indian drinks such as Aam Panna, Jaljeera and Aam Ras. Paper Boat initially offered the drinks in single-serving, flexible pouches; the company has since then expanded to one-litre Tetra Pak cartons. The company aims to preserve traditional recipes while innovating to make Indian drinks accessible to an urban market.
The campaign’s objective was to increase the overall traffic and sale of the brand’s products on the e-commerce platform Amazon.
Paper Boat ran the campaign on Facebook, and the target audience was active users of e-commerce sites who showed interest in purchasing FMCG products online.
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Indian cities were the target geographies.
The challenge was to filter out active users of e-commerce sites, especially Amazon, who had shown some interest in purchasing FMCG goods.
You can adopt a campaign’s approach by analysing some specific details like:
- The objective of the campaign
- The company’s target audience
- The geography that needs to be covered in the campaign
Analyzing the above information would help underline the brand’s requirements/needs behind running the campaign, which will propel us towards adopting the most suitable approach.
- Objective: The campaign attempted to increase Amazon’s traffic and paper boat goods sales. When a brand is looking to increase traffic and sales online, those platforms are preferred that offer a broad reach. Digital advertising offers a fantastic opportunity for brand exposure on a tight budget because of its various in-depth targeting possibilities. The most well-known yet profitable digital advertising site Facebook was selected for the brand’s digital campaign. Facebook provides more specific, individualized targeting options than other social media platforms, which might help brand traffic reach new heights as you can target the population interested in FMCG products and e-commerce sites. Therefore, a Facebook Digital campaign was the best option for the active us.
- The target audience of the brand: Keeping the objectives in mind, give below was the factor considered before selecting the advertising platforms.
- The advertising platform that can target specific individuals such as:
- Who often visits e-commerce websites.
- Individuals who expressed interest in buying FMCG products online.
- Geography: Paper Boat’s digital campaign’s geography target was Tier 1 and Tier 2 Indian cities, where the majority of consumers utilize e-commerce platforms.
Keeping the approach and objectives in mind and based on the past campaign execution experience, the suggested digital platform was:
- Facebook is one of the most powerful platforms for increasing an ad campaign’s reach. It helps you reach the maximum audience since it’s one of the most used social media platforms. Also, it has appropriate targeting options like Geography based interest-based targeting, along with other filters that make the overall targeting more personalised. Hence, for this campaign, Facebook was used to target those who show interest in similar products and fall under the required bracket of the campaign’s target audience.
Campaign Execution (Creatives)
The brand came up with interesting and compelling video ads and GIF, the picture format of which is given below-
As a result of the digital campaign, Paper Boat had an 80% increase in the brand’s traffic on the Amazon store.