- Disney+ Hotstar has 41% share of Indian online video subscription market: Omdia. The OTT platform’s subscription base tripled in less than a year, from 8 million in April 2020 to around 25 million by the end of 2020.
- Tamil Nadu leads on political ad spends on digital media. As per Google Transparency Report, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam spent close to Rs 21 crores on more than 2000 ads on Google.
- ZEE Digital crosses 300 million Monthly Active Users and grows 4x from 75 million in 2 yrs. While the network witnessed growth across the portfolio, the largest growth contributions came from India.com, Zee News, DNA, BollywoodLife.com and WION.
- Short-video platform Chingari’s founders have launched a Clubhouse-like audio-only social media platform Fireside. The app is available on both the iOS & Android platforms.
- Print Media: Regional publications close a cheerful Q4, Hindi leads ad volumes. While there was up to a 40% dip in ad volumes in some markets in the early days of lockdown, the gap closed by November 2020 and it was back up to 100%.
- Star India garnered a cumulative reach of 352 million in the first 26 matches of IPL 2021. The broadcaster said that the upward trend reflects the loyalty of the fans and the popularity of the Indian Premier League.
- Average ad volumes during 29 matches of IPL 14 grew by 2%: TAM Sports. The report is based on ad volumes for advertising across 20 Star Network channels for IPL 14 and 19 for IPL 13.
- RAM Ratings WK 10’21-WK 13’21: Fever FM stays ahead in Mumbai, Delhi. Big FM maintained the lead in Bangalore and Radio Mirchi topped in Kolkata between 28th February 2021 and 27th March 2021
- BARC top 5 advertisers of the week 17 (24th April – 30th April 2021) are – Reckitt Benckiser (India) Ltd, Hindustan Lever Ltd, CadBurys India LTD, Brooke Bond Lipton India Ltd, and Lakme Lever Ltd.
- According to BARC weekly data, the following were the top 5 free and paid TV channels in week 17 (24th April – 30th April 2021) –
Paid– Star Sports 1 Hindi, Sun TV, Star Plus, Star Maa, Sony SAB
Free– Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Sony Pal, Colors Rishtey, Dhinchaak.