What is In-cinema Advertising?
Cinema is an interesting new age advertising option and its rates are one of the lowest among non mass media. Advertising in cinema theatres has been in place for almost 30 years now, however the popularity of cinema advertising has increased among advertisers recently.
Moreover, movies have a larger than life aura to it that leaves a lasting impression on the audience. The main reason why cinema ads work is because moviegoers stick to their seats when the ads are being displayed and are attentive towards the silver screen.
Are you looking for the upcoming movies for advertising go through our blog, Cinema Advertising: Get Better Audience Reach By Advertising In These Upcoming Movies
Why opt for Cinema Advertising?
In the last few years the growth of cinema theatres has been phenomenal, this is majorly due to the increase of number of films being released. The growth of in-cinema advertising is directly related to the growth of the cinema industry in India.
Indian cinema advertising market stood over $ 98 million in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of more than 25%, to reach $ 381 million by 2023.
Moreover, the Indian film industry is witnessing a significant growth with the rising number of films being produced each year, thereby further increasing scope for cinema advertising.
What are the Advantages of Advertising in Cinema Theatres?
- Larger than life experience of the brand message
- Captive audience, one does not have the option of changing channel or forwarding
- Rates of cinema ads are affordable and scalable: local businesses advertise at the nearest cinema halls whereas pan India brands like Manyavar target cinema halls across India
- Cost per reach for cinema advertising is less than other non-traditional advertising options
What are Single Screen Theatres?
In simple words, single screen theatres show only one movie. The number of single screens are significantly higher than multiplexes, as of 2016 there were 6000 single screens and 2500 multiplexes in India.
According to the Ficci-KPMG Media and Entertainment Industry Report 2020 the number gradually increased in 2019 to 6,327 single screens. Indian cinematographer Hemant Chaturvedi says that single screen cinemas reflect the ambition and thought of the owner, they are masterpieces that show individuality unlike multiplexes that look exactly the same.
Popularity of Single Screens in Tier 2 & Tier 3 Cities
Single screens are quite popular in tier 2 & tier 3 cities, where multiplexes have still not made their position. In small towns owners are reluctant to invest in multiple screens which is a costly option, especially in places where the audience is not ready to pay more than Rs100 to watch a movie.
In areas like these single screens are a much cheaper and better option. So advertising on single screens can be a profitable option for brands that want to reach out to this target audience.
Benefits of Advertising in Single Screen Theatres
- Reach: Advertising in single screen cinemas is one of the most effective ways to reach out to a wide population. Single screen advertising can also help in improving sales and branding, it can help your brand reach the widest audience possible.
If a company opts for advertising in single screens it can ensure maximum visibility to your brand.
- Tier 2 & tier 3 audience: If a brand wants to target tier 2 and tier 3 audiences, single screen theatres can be a great option for them. In tier 2 & 3 cities the consumers generally prefer to visit single screens, which is why the number of single screens are more than multiplexes. In these cities the majority of people still prefer to watch movies with family which makes the audience reach wider.
- Target demographic audience: Single screen cinema advertising has a hyperlocal reach, and has the capability to offer to a targeted demographic audience. Through single screen in-cinema advertising businesses can target customers within their reach.
For instance, a cafe can target customers within a 10-mile radius as they will be its prime targets. As most of the movie-goers belong to tier 2 & tier 3 cities, companies can use this vital information to create their video content.
- Ideal for SMEs: Advertising in single screens is ideal for small and medium sized businesses as they can easily get their target audience in these.
Brands that are not looking for premium customers but the general mass can opt for single screen advertising. Small and medium sized companies who want to boost sales and drive in more customers can use single screen cinema advertising.
- Cost-effective: Advertising on multiple screens is very expensive which is why many SMEs avoid using in-cinema advertising. However, single screen theatre advertising rates can be quite cost effective and can be used as a useful method of advertising.
Therefore, brands who want to spend minimal amounts on advertising but are looking for appropriate results can opt for single screen advertising.
Premium Single Screen Theatres are in the game
The pandemic has had a negative impact on the cinema industry as a whole and single screen cinemas in particular. However, premium single screens in tier 2 & tier 3 cities have retained their position by continuously improving their technology and infrastructure, which includes installing 2K projectors as these are mandatory for Hollywood films.
These screens have also started online ticket systems, and are seeking to collaborate with food & beverage partners. They are also encouraging local brands to advertise there, and increase their sales.
Vishek Chauhan who is an independent exhibitor of Roopbani Cinema which is located in Purnea Bihar said that the only way to attract youth to single screens is by screening Hollywood content and improving the eating options available inside the cinema halls. This also gives food or beverage brands to advertise their products and services on screens.
Priya Cinema in Kolkata are now hosting film festivals and live performances, including that for children. This will widen the audience reach for the brands who can now target youth and children too and create content according to them.
Various single screen theatres have now started screening popular regional language movies with subtitles or dubbed versions. So local brands can use single screens to advertise their products as their target audience can easily be available there.
Media Options for Advertising in Single Screen Theatres
On Screen Ads
Single Screen Theatre Advertising Rates
Rates for advertising Cinema theatres depends on the type of cinema screen, number of seats, cinema location and the cinema brand. Advertising rates of single screen cinema halls are a lot cheaper than that of multiplexes.
The Media Ant website has a detailed ad rates section for cinema advertising. You can also use the advanced pricing filters to check the targeting available while advertising on cinema theatres.
To access the advanced pricing section, one needs to save the media option to the bag and access it there. In the same advanced pricing section, you can also check the best-discounted rate for your selected volume.
If you have any queries regarding cinema advertising you can mail us at Help@themediaant.com.
Want to know more about cinema advertising check out The Media Ant Cinema Advertising Options.