1. According to News Publishers’ (WAN IFRA) latest edition of World Press Trends- 2019 Report, Dainik Bhaskar has become the world’s 3rd largest circulated newspaper.
2. ZEE5 to launch 80 originals after the stellar success of 11.4mn Daily active users and 100+ million downloads on the play store.
3. Viacom to soon launch “Voot Select”- a premium OTT streaming platform.
4. According to IRS 2019 Q3, Punjab is the top market for print advertisers in northern India with a total readership of 42.9%.
5. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 advertisers in the 6th week of 2020 (8th-14th Feb)- Hindustan Lever LTD, Reckitt Benckiser (India) LTD, ITC LTD, Brooke Bond Lipton India LTD, and Cadbury’s India LTD.
6. According to BARC India, the news channels saw a jump of 61% in viewership during the Union Budget Day (1st Feb 2020) in comparison to the first 4 weeks of the year.
7. GroupM released the third edition of a “Mobile Marketing Ecosystem Report 2020”, according to which the smartphone userbase in India is estimated to reach 700 million by 2023.
8. Colors TV continued to be the top viewed pay-GE channel by registering the highest GVM (viewership in millions) of 539M, the highest in the last 4 years for the GE channels category.
9. According to a report by Pitch Madison, it is forecasted that the Indian market will see a jump of 10.8% in overall ad expenditure.
10. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay TV channels in the 6th week of 2020-
- Free- Dangal, Big Magic, B4U Kadak, Zee Biskope, Bhojpuri Cinema
- Pay- Sun TV, Colors, Star Maa, Star Plus, Zee TV