Are you wondering what works best on your Facebook page? Are Post Reach and Page Likes all it takes to break into your target audience and appeal to them? This article aims to help you understand the following aspects:
- Designing ad campaigns on Facebook
- Working out Precision and Targeting
- Putting Landing Pages to good use
Designing Facebook Ad Campaigns
Once you have worked out your marketing strategy, identified your target audience and recognised your advertising goals, you can get started with your Facebook Ad Campaign. You can manage your Facebook Ads and sponsored stories on your own without any involvement from Facebook’s personnel. Once you create and submit your ad, you will only require Facebook to approve your Ad, which is usually done by their team within 24 hours.
MediaAnt recommends that you visit the following link for a simple step-by-step guide to create your own Facebook ad campaign:
Tips for Designing a Successful Facebook Ad Campaign
- Title right! Keep your headline readable, easy to understand and distinct. Use actual words and avoid the use of symbols and emoticons.
- While composing your campaign message, use keywords that precisely relate to your ad message and keep them specific to your audience.
- Avoid repetition in words, too much capitalization, punctuation and symbols.
- Design your Ad to stand out from the crowd. Create content that looks great, offers fans a reason to engage and allows scope for conversations.
- Optimize your Ad with a relevant image that stands out.
- Have a strong Call to Action to become a fan of your fan page.
- Have a custom landing tab with a call to action to fan your page if users click through the ad.
- Keep your content clean. Be sure that your Facebook Ads are not misleading or deceptive and don’t violate trademark and copyright infringements. Not following these norms can significantly damage your prospects.
Precision and Targeting
Facebook advertising like all other forms of advertising is very audience centric. Make sure you study your target audience well, understand their needs and wants and come up with an Ad Campaign that generates a positive response from them. You can include any of the following, as indicated in the graphic below, into your Page Tabs to advance the effectiveness of your campaign:
Increasing Conversion Rates
In addition to several other cool features, Facebook also allows advertisers to pick the option to advertise to friends of current fans. The Ad will carry a message next to it saying a friend Likes your page. This kind of social proof for your Ad can significantly improve its reach and chances to garner more Likes.
Promotions that showcase your Friends’/ Fans’ activities such as Blogs, Activities, Posts, Likes can form Sponsored Stories. You can strategically use some of the best posts run by your Friends/ Fans to serve as testimonials. Your best posts are the ones that have driven your fans into action, either by Liking/ responding to / sharing your post.
Widely used by some of the world’s biggest brands, Facebook Landing Pages are considered one of the best ways to increase your visibility and conversion. It compels fans to Sign-up, Repost and also Buy. So we suggest you spend time and money designing your Landing page. Make sure it consists of the following:
Stay tuned, as we will continue to give you more and more tips on advertising effectively on Facebook and in the meanwhile, we are keen to hear from you as to what’s working for you and what’s not!