Slurrp Farm is a start-up that offers a wide range of healthy, millet-based packaged food products that are good for the nutritional needs of young children.
The idea was to give parents a wide variety of yummy, healthy and natural food options for their little ones, which they could trust with their eyes closed.
Founded in 2016, the Gurgaon-based early-stage company aims to revive the use of super grains such as ragi, jowar and bajra by offering products in the kids’ food segment.
The company offers as many as 20 products, which include puffed snacks, millet pancake mix, millet dosa mix, cereals, and cookies made with real butter. Their products have already made their debut on store shelves in the UAE and Singapore.
The objective of the campaign was to-
- Assist the business in growing 5x in volume by scaling directly to customers.
- Help the brand in selling its goods directly from the website.
Parents who actively use e-commerce sites for baby-related products, especially high-value goods.
Slurrp Farm’s products are currently available at modern trade stores in Delhi-NCR, Mumbai and Bengaluru, besides the e-commerce platforms.
The challenge was to filter out the following people-
- Parents who are willing to try a new food product for their children by purchasing food from e-commerce sites.
- Increase brand exposure by broadening the company’s consumer base through ‘direct-to-consumer’ channels on their website.
A campaign’s approach can be adopted by analyzing some specific details like:
- The objective of the campaign
- The company’s target audience
- Geography that needs to be covered in the campaign
Analyzing the above information would help underline the brand’s requirements/needs behind running the campaign, which will propel us towards adopting the most suitable approach.
- Objective: Objective: Being a start-up, Slurrp Farm offers a variety of nutritious packaged food products made from millet that are aimed at meeting young children’s nutritional needs. The objective of the campaign was to assist the brand in selling its products directly from the website and help the company increase their volume. Digital platforms with a broad reach are recommended when the brand targets active users of social media. Digital advertising offers excellent potential for brand awareness on a limited budget and assists in reaching the desired audience as it offers in-depth targeting options. As the campaign had to run in only tier-one cities, the brand didn’t find the need for mediums that are most often used for nationwide campaigns. Considering everything, a digital campaign was a good fit for the brand.
- The target audience of the brand: The target audience of this campaign consists of parents who are already present on digital media and are active users of such sites. This group generally prefers promising brands and tech-driven solutions rather than local services. The majority of new parents fall between the age group of 23- 38 years. Hence, targeting this group on popular platforms would give the brand more consideration.
- Geography: Slurrp Farm’s goods are presently accessible at contemporary trade stores in Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, and Bengaluru, as well as online. As a result, the geography was restricted to these Tier 1 cities alone.
Keeping the approach and objectives in mind and based on the past campaign execution experience, the following were the digital platforms that were suggested:
Google Display – Google display advertising is the cornerstone of a digital marketing strategy. You can reach out to your targeted audience on your niche websites, apps, games or wherever your ad can appear through AdWords.
It offers targeting options like age, geo, profession, etc. Hence, Google display ads helped the brand target the audience by custom intent, which helped drive awareness and website traffic to Slurrp Farm.
Google Search – With the help of Google search ads, the brand drove the website traffic directly from the people who do an online searches to buy food for their young ones.
Facebook – Facebook is one of the most powerful platforms to reach out to the maximum number of Audiences. It’s high in reach and one of the most used social media platforms where people spend most of their spare time.
Also, it has relevant targeting options like Geography and other filters, making it an effective platform for making the targeting more personalized.
Hence this platform was used to target parents, especially new mothers with children between the age group of 0-3 years, and parents who actively use e-commerce sites for baby-related products, especially high-value goods.
YouTube- Youtube is the biggest platform for watching long and short video content, which is highly popular among children and adults. It also has its own kids-friendly app, YouTube Kids, that offers content specially oriented towards children. Hence, the brand’s video ads were run on the YouTube Kids app to target the relevant audience directly.
Campaign execution (creatives)
The brand came up with interesting and compelling banner and video ads, some of which are as follows-
The Slurrp Farm campaign resulted in the intended growth of a 5x increase in volume.