BUSY is a leading, on-premise ERP & accounting software company, enabling millions of businesses in over 20 countries to efficiently manage their business operations and GST/VAT compliances. It is a 100% subsidiary of IndiaMART – a $2bn valued, public listed company.
Since its inception in 1997, the company’s mission has been to facilitate the growth of SMEs by providing software, and solutions, which are Easy-to-use, Powerful, and Scalable.
BUSY is designed to manage businesses across geographies, industry verticals, and customer segments like FMCG, Retail, Manufacturing, Trading, Distribution, and Service.
The objective of the campaign was quality lead generation.
The campaign’s target audience was-
Men and women between the age group of 25-55 years, who fall under the category of business owners, CA, CFO, and accounts heads.
The campaign was executed in pan India.
The challenge was to – Identify the correct audience set by conducting A/B testing with different audiences and determine which provided better results. Also, to determine which digital platform would best fulfill the requirements/objective of the campaign.
A campaign’s approach can be adopted by analyzing some specific details like:
- The company’s target audience
- The objective of the campaign
- The geography that needs to be covered in the campaign
- The target audience of the brand: The targeted audience of the campaign was SMEs who searched for any of the phrases connected to software solutions. This was because targeting was done based on the audience’s behavioral characteristics, such as those who are interested in terms related to FMCG, Retail, Manufacturing, Trading, Distribution, and Service.
- Objective: The campaign objective was quality lead generation. When a brand is looking for quality lead generation, niche targeting becomes the best option to get traction from relevant audiences. And when it comes to niche targeting Digital marketing is the most preferred option. The audience that the brand was looking to target was between the age group (25-55 years) and the ones especially business owners, CA, CFO, and Accounts Heads. To target this particular group of people, the media that was preferred was digital. Digital offers a great opportunity for lead generation on a small budget, along with providing various in-depth targeting options.
- Geography: The campaign was executed in Pan India because the target audience was SMEs who are searching for software solutions to manage their business operations and GST/VAT compliances.
Keeping the approach and objectives in mind, and based on the past campaign execution experience, the digital platforms suggested were:
- Facebook- Facebook is one of the most powerful platforms to reach out to the maximum number of audience. It’s high in reach and one of the most used social media platforms where people spend most of their spare time. Also, it has relevant targeting options like Geography, interest-based, etc, which makes it an effective platform for making the targeting more personalized.
- Google Display – Google advertising is considered the cornerstone of a digital marketing strategy, you can reach out to your targeted audience on your niche websites, apps, games, or wherever your ad can appear through AdWords. It offers targeting options like age, geo, profession, etc. Hence, Google ads helped the brand target the right audience which helped in generating more leads for BUSY Accounting.
- LinkedIn– LinkedIn is the number one platform for B2B lead generation. One can make personalized ads in minutes to target decision-makers and that’s why the generated leads are high quality in nature. LinkedIn advertising is generally used to boost registrations, drive conversions, or promote content with personalized messages to prospects.
Campaign execution (creatives)
The brand came up with an interesting and compelling banner ad, which are as follows-
The campaign resulted in a 30% monthly increase in number of leads.