Inorbit Malls (India) Private Limited a subsidiary of the K. Raheja Corp, is the pioneer of the mall culture in India. The company opened its first mall in 2004 at Malad, Mumbai. Today, it has a national presence with 5 operating Malls in major metro cities Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Vadodara, Bengaluru and Cyberabad. Inorbit Malls has an universal appeal and plays an integral role in the life of consumers; they are a one-stop destination for food, fashion and entertainment. Inorbit has won more than 75 awards including India’s Most Trusted Mall by Brand Trust Report 2014 and has been recognized at various national & international forums like IMAGES Awards, Asia Pacific Shopping Centre Awards, WARC, ICSC, Asia Consumer Engagement Forum, EFFIEs and ABBYs for their commitment in establishing community connect.
The objective of the campaign was to increase the brand’s awareness and traffic to their website (which in turn would increase the footfall to malls)
The campaign’s target audience was-
The target audience were men and women between the age of 18-35 years, who fall under the category of engaged shoppers, luxury shoppers, and food enthusiasts.
The campaign was executed in the Indian cities Vadodara, Hyderabad, and Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
The challenge was to filter out the following people-
- Who are interested in food in general and dining out.
- Are young, working individuals with disposable income.
- Are quality conscious and love eating out.
- Are engaged shoppers and are interested in luxury items.
While selecting the advertising platforms and keeping the objectives in mind, the following were some of the factors that were considered:
- The campaign objective was to increase brand awareness and traffic on Inorbit Malls’ website, with the target audience between the bracket of 18-35 years. So those platforms should be used that offer a better opportunity for awareness like Google, YouTube and Snapchat. The same sites are also used widely by the people in the above mentioned age group.
- The majority of our target audience (food enthusiasts, enjoy frequent dining out, shopping enthusiasts and interested in luxury items) are active users of the above mentioned sites, especially Snapchat.
Keeping the approach and objectives in mind, and based on the past campaign execution experience, the digital platform suggested was:
- Snapchat- Snapchat is a mobile messaging application used to share photos, videos, text, and drawings. It has become hugely popular in a very short space of time, especially with young people. Since the majority of the target audience of Inorbit Malls’ campaign was young adults and millennials (between the age of 18-35 years), this platform was preferred over others.
Campaign execution (creatives)
The brand came up with an interesting and compelling video ad, which is as follows-
The campaign resulted in 50% increase in traffic to Inorbit Malls’ website.