Orange Health is among the fastest-growing diagnostic-tech companies in India. Their vision is to make healthcare seamless for consumers in their homes by enabling doctors to treat their patients in real time. To ensure this quick diagnosis, they provide 60 min at-home testing for over 2,000 tests along with quick results.
With over 4.8/5 ratings on Google – Orange Health is among the highest rating for diagnostic companies in India. The company combines the latest consumer tech experience with the veracity of high-quality healthcare, giving consumers an experience which is quick, simple and highly trustworthy.
The objective of the campaign was to generate brand awareness.
The campaign’s target audience was:
Men and women between the age group of 25-55 years fall under the following category- nightlife enthusiasts, outdoor enthusiasts, shoppers, luxury shoppers and online shoppers.
The campaign was run in the following cities-
The challenge was to figure out the most appropriate targeting in order to reach out to the right kind of audience. Also, to determine which digital platform would best fulfill the requirements/objective of the campaign.
A campaign’s approach can be adopted by analyzing some specific details like:
- The company’s target audience
- The objective of the campaign
- The geography that needs to be covered in the campaign
- The target audience of the brand: The targeted audience of the campaign were the ones who searched for any of the phrases connected to- COVID tests, RT PCR testing, swab tests, and at-home tests on Google. This was because targeting was done based on the audience’s behavioral characteristics, such as those who are active consumers, foreign travelers, commuters, and so on.
- Objective: The campaign objective was to create brand awareness. When a brand is looking to increase awareness, those platforms are preferred that offer a wide reach. Digital and Tv are the two go-to media for reach. In this case, TV was not preferred due to its high budget and ability to target a nation wide audience. The audience that the brand was looking to target was between a certain age group (25-55 years) and the ones especially searching for online COVID tests. To target this particular group of people, the media that was preferred was digital. Digital offers a great opportunity for brand awareness in a small budget, along with providing various in-depth targeting options.
- Geography: The brand awareness campaign targeted Bangalore and Gurugram as the individuals in these cities matched the behavioral characteristics of the audiences the campaign was targeting. Another reason of selecting digital over TV, was the fact that the campaign needed to run in just two cities and hence, did not require a medium (TV) that is generally used for running nation wide campaigns
Keeping the approach and objectives in mind and based on the past campaign execution experience, the digital platforms suggested were:
- Facebook- The oldest yet most effective platform when it comes to digital advertising, Facebook has in-depth, personalized targeting options that can catapult a brand awareness campaign to greater heights. Looking to reach the maximum number of audiences? Again, this platform should be your top choice.
- YouTube- When it comes to branding, there are very few platforms that give a high ROI as YouTube. With almost all categories of brands advertising here, the platform offers different ad options and personalized targeting to suit your campaign’s needs. Some standard YouTube ad options are- Skippable in-stream video ads, non-skippable in-stream video ads, Bumper ads, Discovery ads, Masthead ads, and Display ads.
- One of the many reasons of selecting the above mentioned digital platforms was the fact that most of the campaign’s target-audience was expected to be active users of the sites mentioned above.
(To get an in-depth understanding of both the above mentioned platforms, read our Media Kundli-Facebook and Media Kundli-YouTube)
Campaign execution (creatives)
The brand came up with an interesting and compelling video ads, which are as follows-
Orange Health’s brand awareness campaign, run in Bangalore and Gurugram, was successful as it reached over 88 lakh (8.8 million) individuals with an average video watch rate of 80%.