Top 3 Facebook advertising facts
- Facebook is the largest social media platform with 2.91 billion monthly active users.
- 9.3 percent of total active Facebook users are women between the age group of 18-24 years and male users are between 25-34 years.
- Average time spent on Facebook is 58 minutes per day.
Top 3 Facebook advertising types
- Image ads– It is a rectangular image ad with some text on the post feed (Facebook or Instagram ). The ad conveys a message about the business nature of any brand.
- Video ads– It is a video ad on all the pages which is automatically played to the user as soon as the page is loaded.
- Lead ads– Lead Generation campaign streamlines the process for you, with a combination of properties such as Display, Video for promotion.
- Stories ads– Facebook Stories are short user photos or video collections that can be uploaded to the user’s Facebook Story. Stories will be visible for 24 hours.
- Carousel ads– Carousel ads have a number of rectangular images lined next to each other left to right. These can be scrolled on the screen in either direction.
Top 3 preferred targeting options on Facebook Advertising
- Interest based targeting– Shows ads to people based on the pages they have liked or the content they have followed.
- Behavioural targeting– Shows ads to the users according to their interests or retarget them based on the history.
- Demographics targeting– Shows ads to the audience based on their age, gender, job title, education and more.
Top 3 reasons to go for facebook advertising
Reach– Facebook is the largest social media platform with 2.91 billion monthly active users. 9.3 percent of total active Facebook users are women between the age group of 18-24 years and male users are between 25-34 years. Average time spent on Facebook is 58 minutes per day.
Cost effective– Facebook is one of the most cost-effective platforms available for advertising. Advertisers can spend a small amount of money to target a large number of audiences.
Demographic targeting– Facebook caters to people of almost all age groups- from teenagers to 50+. Its varied consumer base makes it a great platform for advertising since brands with different target audience can easily run campaigns here and benefit from it.
Top 3 reasons not to go for facebook advertising
B2B brands– LinkedIn has emerged as a better platform for B2B advertising. Therefore, the same advertising might not give equally good results on Facebook.
No search based targeting– Facebook doesn’t allow search based targeting, i.e., users cannot search for a particular product and instantly get ads related to it.
No smart campaigns– Facebook ads have to be made manually unlike Google ads, which are created automatically.
Top 3 brand categories that should consider Facebook advertising
Top 3 cities that prefer Facebook advertising
The average click through rate (CTR) in Facebook is 0.50%
Minimum recommended budget
The minimum recommended budget for advertising on Facebook is 50,000.