Advertising in Community Radio - Tiruchirappalli
City Popularity Index
|Red / Suryan||254000|
For the cost mentioned on the site how many times would my ad be played?
Shared rate for Radio is per second. Let me explain this through an example.
Rate Radio Mirchi Delhi - Rs 100 per sec
Length of your jingle ad - 20 seconds
So every time your ad gets played, you would need to pay Rs 100 X 20 = Rs 2000
Now, if you play this ad 10 times it would cost Rs 2,000 X 10 = Rs 20,000
Are there any Terms and Conditions that I should be aware of?
1.Once the ad is approved and payment made, it takes 1 working day to start the campaign
2.At the start of the campaign, we will share approximate time at which ad will be played. However, these are not the exact timings. Broadcast certificate which is shared within 30 days of the campaign end will have the exact air time
3.Due to overbooking there might be drops in the number of ads scheduled for a day. Such drops are intimated to the advertisers and option given to them for airing them later.
What are the various types of advertising options available on Radio?
1. One can advertise on Radio in the form of a pre-recorded jingle which is played during the ad breaks on Radio stations.
2. There other forms of advertising on Radio are Sponsorship Tags, RJ Mentions and Interview.
How can I determine the total cost / budget for a Radio Campaign?
1. You can determine the total cost/budget by Rate per Second x Total Ad Duration x Frequency (spots to be played per day) x Total Days.
2. The rates vary according to the selected time band. For example: rates for prime time band are higher as compared to non-prime and mixed time band.
What is a prime time band in radio advertising?
The Morning hours (7AM to 12AM) and the Evening hours (5PM to 11PM) is the prime time band in Radio Advertising.
What is a non prime time band in radio advertising?
The afternoon time band, i.e. from 12PM to 5PM is the non prime time band in Radio Advertising.
What is mixed time band in radio advertising?
The time band, i.e. from 7AM to 11PM is the mixed time band in Radio Advertising.
What if an advertiser wants to place the ad at a specific position during the ad break?
1. The advertiser can choose a specific spot & time band for placing the ad by paying a premium over and above the normal cost of advertising.
2. The premium percentage ranges from 50 - 100 % depending on the station and market.
How do I ensure that my ad is being played as desired?
1. We share the ad spot timings on a daily basis through which one can track the number of spots played during the campaign.
2. We share a Broadcast Certificate at the end of the campaign. The Broadcast Certificate is issued at the letter head of the Broadcaster.
What Value Ads Can I get to amplify my campaign?
1. If the campaign size is more than 1 lac, we provide Show Sponsorship Tags as a Value Ad Free of Cost.
2. If the campaign size is up to Rs 5 lac, we provide Show Sponsorship Tags, RJ Mentions as a Value Ad Free of Cost.
3. If the campaign size is up to Rs 8 lac, we provide Show Sponsorship Tags, RJ Mentions, Contest as a Value Ad Free of Cost.
What is a show sponsorship tag?
A show sponsorship tag is the Tag line of the advertising brand which is aired before the start of the show.
Example - This show is brought to you by Carl Zeiss Drive Safe Lenses.......
What is an RJ Mention?
1. When the RJ talks about your brand while conducting the show, it helps to promote your brand.
2. The RJ spends about 30 - 45 sec talking about your brand.
What is a Contest?
An advertising brand can sponsor games / quizzes on Radio and give away branded gratifications to the winners of the contest.
What is an Interview?
The advertising brand has the option of recording and airing an exclusive interview which helps to promote the brand.
How can an advertiser record the Interview?
The interview can be recorded at the studio of the radio station. Alternatively, the interview can be conducted & recorded over the phone.
What happens in case the ad is not played or is dropped due to inventory crunch?
In case the ad gets dropped, the advertiser has two options to choose from:
1. The advertiser has an option schedule the dropped spots on the next date or on any other date and time as per his / her desire.
2. The advertiser can claim for a refund for the dropped spots.