We can help
Hire our expert media planners to find, plan and place your next promotion.
What is Newspaper Advertising?
Newspaper advertising refers to the use of newspapers as a medium to promote products, services, or events to a broad audience. This type of advertising is typically done by placing an advertisement, or ad, in a print newspaper, although some newspapers also offer online advertising options. They are generally used to reach a specific audience, such as residents or those interested in a particular topic or product.
One of the main advantages of newspaper advertising is its broad reach. Many newspapers are distributed to many households and businesses, and a diverse group often reads them with different interests and demographics. This makes them an effective way to reach a large and diverse audience.
Another advantage of newspaper advertising is its flexibility. Advertisers can choose from various ad formats, such as classified ads, display ads, and inserts, which can be tailored to their specific needs and budget. Advertisers can also place ads in different newspaper sections, such as sports or business, to reach a particular audience.
Newspaper advertising also has the benefit of being cost-effective. Compared to other forms of advertising, such as television or radio, newspaper advertising is relatively inexpensive. This makes it a good option for small businesses or organizations with limited budgets.
Newspaper advertising has the largest spending share among total marketing budgets. The popular formats to advertise in Newspapers are Display ads and Classified ads. Advertising Rates for Newspaper advertisements depend on the readership and page number.
Frontpage ads attract a premium over regular Newspaper advertising card rates. Classified ads are small business ads in the Newspaper. Classified ads have lower advertising costs than display ads.
Newspaper advertisements in India are largely sold through a Newspaper advertising agency. INS is an accredited body for Newspaper advertising agencies in India. The Media Ant is one of the best Newspaper advertising agencies in India with offices in Mumbai, Delhi, and Bangalore.
We provide the lowest newspaper advertisement rates to our clients. You can find the rate card of Newspaper advertising as well as discounted Newspaper advertising cost on The Media Ant for more than 1000 Newspapers in India including Dainik Bhaskar, Times of India, The Hindu, The Telegraph, Hindustan Times, Dinakaran, and Dainik Jagran.
Book Newspaper Ads
You must wonder, “How to Book Newspaper Ads ?” The Media Ant is the best newspaper advertising agency in India where you can book newspaper ads online. We provide the best and lowest advertising rate for Newspaper advertising to our clients.
Through our tie-up with more than 500 publication houses across India, we help you reach your target market and assure the best discounts when placing an ad in a Newspaper through The Media Ant.
Book Newspaper Ads in Top Publications
The Times of India
How to give Advertisements in the Newspaper?
Advertisers used to phone individual newspaper offices to explain their requirements, acquire a price, and other pertinent information like circulation, etc., to place ads in newspapers. In addition to lengthening the process, this wasted human resources that might have been used more than placing newspaper advertising.
The Media Ant was established in 2012 with the aim of removing lengthy and onerous processes from the process of placing advertisements in newspapers. An advertiser may now quickly examine the newspaper advertisement rates of numerous newspapers, compare them, and make a final reservation by visiting Newspaper Category and using the filters or search.
Steps to advertise in Newspapers
- Select the newspaper where you would want to place the advertisement
- Select the date when you would like to place the ad
- Select the ad type
- Check for available discounts
- Share the ad in the specified Newspaper advertising format
- Request an express estimate for your ad
- Make the payment
Newspaper Advertisement Rates
Now that we have discussed various sizes of advertisements in newspapers, the next big question is about newspaper ad rates. Find out newspaper advertisement rates on Newspaper Tool Page.
Here you can see all newspapers in India listed along with the newspaper advertising rates. The next popular question we often encounter is how is the cost to advertise in newspaper calculated. The answer to this is that there are several factors that dictate newspaper ad rates. Following are some of these major components:
- Newspaper Circulation Number: The newspaper circulation number determines how many people read this particular newspaper on a regular basis.
- Newspaper Advertisement Size: The next major factor determining newspaper ad prices is the newspaper advertisement size. Full-page advertisements in newspapers cost more than quarter-page advertisements in newspapers.
- Newspaper Advertisement Position: Some pages in newspapers like the front page, the 3rd page, etc are more popular for newspaper advertising as they grab more eyeballs than others.
- Days/Seasons: Advertisements in newspapers during the festive season are expensive when compared to other seasons. Hence, during certain time periods in a year, the ad rate is higher.
- Deals/offers: Sometimes, due to market fluctuations, overall newspaper advertisement rates fall or rise. Other times, brands that are in need of a higher number of inventories, get discounted newspaper ad rates.
Newspaper Advertisement Cost
The Media Ant is committed to getting the most accurate data for its users. Hence, we ensure the advertising rates are updated on a frequent basis.
Most advertising platforms update their rates at the beginning of a new year, hence, it is very important to check the updated newspaper advertising cost before booking your campaign.
A large number of newspapers in India have their own Ad agency to sell Ads. The Media Ant is the leading newspaper Ad agency in India that helps advertisers book their newspaper Ads in any of the leading newspapers in the country at an affordable cost.
The Media Ant provides multiple options for ads on everyday paper with flexible ad schedules that fit your needs. We work with all major national, regional, and local newspapers from across India including Times of India, The Hindu, Indian Express, etc.
To find the updated Newspaper Advertising Cost 2022, please click on the media card on the page, visit the particular Newspaper advertising option, and look for the latest Newspaper advertising rates 2022 under the heading “Top Choice /Other Ad Options”.
Newspaper Ad Cost
Are you looking for a way to save money on your newspaper ad cost? If so, you're in the right place! TheMediaAnt will help you with everything you need to know about newspaper ad costs and how to get the most out of your advertising budget. From the cost of ad space to the size of your ad. So start saving money today and read on!
Advertising in newspapers can be expensive, but it's important to get the most out of your advertising budget. By understanding the cost of newspaper ads, you can better allocate your resources and reach your advertising goals.
Do you want to book Newspaper advertisements in newspapers? The Media Ant is the best Ad agency in Bangalore, providing an easy-to-use online portal to book and publish classifieds in newspapers. Media Ant's newspaper ad booking service is fast, affordable, and user-friendly. All it takes is a few clicks of your mouse to place an order for any kind of classified ads with us - be it house rent advertisements or property ads.
If you are looking for the best agency to book Newspaper advertisements in Bangalore, Media Ant is the right choice. With our easy-to-use online portal, they offer services of publishing classifieds in newspapers across Bangalore. Media Ant offers a variety of packages with rates that suit every budget and requirement. The most popular package is their Unlimited ad plan which allows advertisers to post as many ads as they want at a very low price point!
When you are looking for a newspaper advertisement in Bangalore, Media Ant is the best newspaper ad agency to book and publish classifieds. Media Ant has years of experience in advertising and will be able to give advice on what type of adverts work best for different products.
Advertisements In Newspapers
Advertisements in newspapers sound very complex to first-time advertisers due to the various sizes and formats but on understanding the key differences, advertisements in newspapers can prove to be the most beneficial for them.
In terms of sizes of advertisements in newspapers, you should check our blog post on size guide for advertisements in newspapers.
On reading our blog on sizes of advertisements in newspapers, you would get to know about the following, in detail:
- Display advertisements in newspapers vs classified advertisements in newspapers
- How is the size of advertisements in newspapers measured?
- The various popular newspaper advertisement sizes
- Fixed-size advertisements in newspapers
- Variable-size advertisements in newspapers
- Innovation ads in newspapers
Every advertiser, at any point in time, would have considered placing newspaper ads. Placing ads in newspapers is one of the oldest formats of ads. Of all the mediums of entertainment, mass printing was the first to come into existence.
Newspapers have been there for centuries, educating, entertaining, and selling to the masses. Even today, despite the rise of various ad formats, newspaper advertisements are the most trusted form of advertising.
This is the reason whether it’s government ads, public announcement ads, or corporate declarations ads- all are communicated to the public in the form of newspaper ads.
There is a reason why newspaper advertising is the most popular and trusted form of advertising in India. No morning is complete without reading a newspaper that is shared by an entire family. Even after that most households do not throw away the newspaper right away.
Hence, ads placed in newspapers in Indian households have a longer shelf life. Another advantage of giving ads in newspapers is that the turnaround time for placing the ads is shorter. This makes newspaper advertising the favorite of online and offline retailers for any sale/offer communication.
In the age of video advertising like video ads on websites and video ads during streaming on OTT platforms and audio advertising like radio jingles and audio ads on audio OTT platforms, paper advertisement seems to be unpopular and outdated.
However, the claim that newspaper advertising is not in demand any more is the farthest from the truth. The paper advertisement would vary in formats from newspaper advertisement to newspaper insert advertisement, pamphlet/leaflet advertisement, or magazine advertisement.
Following are the reasons why paper advertisement is more popular than audio/video advertisement are:
- Paper advertisements have a longer shelf life. It is tangible and remains with the audience even after they have been exposed to them. Hence, the repetition factor works in favor of the advertisers and creates a bigger impact on the audience’s mind.
- The content publishing part of advertising only involves simple printing as compared to video and audio recording involves several elements and tools and is a complex process making paper advertisement accessible to all businesses as well lowering the turn-around time.
- Paper advertisements involve text as well as images. Text-based advertisements can be understood by literate people only. Often this factor plays a major role for premium brands targeting the audience in NCCS AB.
Newspaper Advertising Agency
The Media Ant is the best newspaper advertising agency in India. We provide the best and lowest advertising rate for Newspaper advertising to our clients. Through our tie-up with more than 500 publication houses across India, we assure the best discounts when placing an ad in a Newspaper through The Media Ant.
You can contact us for the best discounts and to execute your Newspaper advertising campaign. You can contact us either online, by sending a mail to Help@TheMediaAnt.com or by calling us at 08067415510.
Advertising Options In Newspapers Ads
Newspaper advertising can be classified into one 3 types- Display Ads, Classified Ads, and Innovative Ads. Classified ads can be recognized by small ads that are put together. They are mostly advertised on the left-hand side of the newspaper.
The various advertising sub-sections in Classified advertising are Matrimonial Ads, Property Ads, Recruitment Ads, Business Ads, announcements, Public Notices, Services ads, Obituaries, Astrology ads, and Education ads.
Classified Ads in Newspapers can either be plain text called Classified Text or images-based called Display Classified Ads. Classified ads are printed on the classified pages of the Times Of India, but can also contain images.
The Newspaper advertising tariff for these advertisements is calculated on a per square cm basis. The minimum ad size for Times Display classified ads is 3x5 cm.
The second category of ads called display advertisements in Newspapers is the most common ad that we see. They are also referred to as regular advertising in Newspapers or Print advertising in Newspapers.
These Newspaper ads can be of various sizes and rates of Newspaper advertising depends on the ad size. So a half-page ad will be more expensive than a quarter-page ad. Standard Newspaper advertising options are Full Page ads, Half Page ads, Quarter Page ads, and then smaller-size ads.
The third category of Innovative Newspaper advertising includes advertising options outside of display ads or classifieds. These advertising options' costs are more than regular advertising rates. Examples of innovative advertising options in newspapers are Pointer ads, Ear Panels, samplings, and Newspaper Jackets.
What are Classified Ads in Newspapers?
Classified ads are a type of advertisement that is commonly found in newspapers. These ads are typically short, concise, and to the point and are organized into specific categories such as "for sale," "real estate," and "help wanted." Individuals and small businesses often place them, including at garage sales, job openings, and apartment rentals.
Classified ads are generally inexpensive to place, making them a cost-effective way for people to reach a large audience. They also allow readers to quickly find specific types of information, such as job listings or real estate listings, within the newspaper. In recent years, many newspapers have also started to offer online classifieds, which can be accessed through the newspaper's website.
What are Display Ads in Newspapers?
Display ads are a type of advertisement that is commonly found in newspapers. Unlike classified ads, which are typically small, concise, and organized into specific categories, display ads are larger and more prominently featured within the newspaper. They are usually placed by larger businesses or organizations and can include full-page, half-page, and quarter-page ads.
Display ads often feature eye-catching graphics and images designed to grab the reader's attention. They can promote products or services, raise brand awareness, or encourage people to take specific actions, such as visiting a website or making a purchase. Display ads are generally more expensive to place than classified ads, but they also offer the opportunity to reach a larger audience with a more impactful message.
What are Classified Display Ads?
Classified display ads are a type of advertisement that combines elements of both classified ads and display ads. They are typically found in newspapers and are similar to classified ads in that they are organized into specific categories, such as "for sale," "real estate," and "help wanted." However, they are also similar to display ads in that they are more prominently featured within the newspaper and often include eye-catching graphics and images.
They are usually larger than classified ads but smaller than display ads. The main difference is that, unlike display ads, the layout of classified display ads is not tailored to the ad but follows a standardized format for the whole section. They are often placed by small and medium-sized businesses or individuals and can be used to promote products or services, raise brand awareness, or encourage people to take specific action. They are generally more expensive than classified ads but less expensive than display ads, and they offer the opportunity to reach a larger audience with a more impactful message.
Online Advertisement In Newspaper
By the term “online advertisement in the newspaper” we can understand two things:
- Advertising in e-newspapers/newspaper websites:
Even a traditional medium like a newspaper could not remain untouched by digital for very long. With the pandemic bringing a temporary halt to the distribution of physical newspapers, the online format of news gained popularity, and with it came the era of online advertising.
Most popular newspapers in India now publish their e-paper format as well as have a website online. Brands can choose to place an online advertisement in newspapers in either or both digital formats of the newspaper.
The advantage of placing ads on news websites is that brands get to apply advanced targeting options. You can visit TMA digital news advertising section for more details on newspaper advertising in digital format.
- Placing ads in newspaper in physical newspapers via online channels
With the pandemic situation under control, physical newspapers have climbed back to their glory. However, over the past decade, one thing that has changed is that advertisers do not need to call or contact newspaper advertising agencies to place newspaper advertisements.
One of the best sites to place online advertisements in newspapers is www.themediaant.com. Brands can visit the site to check and compare newspaper ad rates and place online advertisements in the newspaper of their choice.
Cost For Advertising In Newspaper
The newspaper advertising rate is quoted in terms of per square cm. For e.g., if the rate card of the Newspaper ad says Rs 100, it means that to book one square cm of space in the Newspaper, it would cost Rs 100. Discount on Newspaper card rate depends on the ad size, number of inserts, and product category.
The rate Card of Newspaper advertising and discounted cost depend on the following parameters:
- The number of readers of the newspaper is also referred to as Newspaper readership.
More the number of readers, the higher the cost.
- Page position - The front and initial pages of the Newspaper have higher advertising rates than the inside pages
- Volume - How big the ad is. Larger sizes attract better-discounted rates.
Newspaper Advertising Size And Ad Format
While the actual size of a Newspaper ad differs across publications, the following list of Newspaper ad sizes will give you a general idea of square cm.
This table also gives you the different ad types available in Newspapers.
Dimension (in sq cm)
Full Page Newspaper ad
Half Page Newspaper ad
Quarter Page Newspaper ad
Sky Bus Newspaper ad
Jacket Newspaper ad
Advertisers need to provide their ad in. PDF format to the Newspaper advertising agency. The ad format in the Newspaper follows the CMYK color pattern.
You can find the card rate, discounted rate, reach details, and readership for the Newspapers mentioned above and another 100s of publications online at The Media Ant.
Advantages Of Advertising In Newspaper
Newspaper Advertising is the most popular advertising format among all available media categories. Based on our work as a leading Newspaper advertising agency, we can share a few advantages of advertising in Newspapers.
Newspaper Advertising provides one of the lowest cost per reach among all advertising options. Cost per reach is calculated as Newspaper advertising rate divided by Newspaper reach. Through advertising in Newspapers, one also manages to reach out to a large Newspaper reading population.
Newspaper readership in India is still growing and continues to be one of the cheapest advertising options because of the low advertising rate. Another significant advantage of Newspaper advertising is localization.
Local businesses can advertise through Newspapers and reach out to a city population at the best Newspaper advertising rate. Newspaper advertising is used by large brands for long-term brand building at a low advertising cost and by small brands or SMEs for advertising their products locally at an effective low advertising rate.
Popular for Newspaper advertising are announcements ads, new product launch advertisements, and sales ads. Through advertising in Newspapers brands also add credibility to their image.
Is newspaper advertising still effective?
Newspaper advertising has been around for centuries and has traditionally been a popular way for businesses and organizations to reach their target audience. However, with the rise of digital advertising and the shift towards online news consumption, many have questioned whether newspaper advertising is still effective.
While it is true that newspaper circulation has decreased in recent years, many newspapers have adapted by expanding their digital presence and offering targeted online advertising options. Additionally, newspapers often have a loyal subscriber base, who may be more likely to engage with and take action from the newspaper's advertisements.
Furthermore, newspaper advertising can still be effective for specific industries and audiences. For example, local businesses may want to advertise in the newspaper to reach potential customers. Similarly, political campaigns may want to advertise in the newspaper to reach voters in a particular district. Additionally, specific demographics like older adults may be more likely to engage with newspaper advertisements.
While newspaper advertising may not be as effective as it once was, it can still be a valuable tool for reaching specific audiences and industries. Businesses and organizations should carefully consider their target audience and the advertising most effective for reaching them. They should also consider the cost-benefit ratio of newspaper advertising before making any decisions.
Place Ad In Local Newspaper
Are you a local business? Then there cannot be a better advertising idea than to place an ad in the local newspaper. Here’s why:
- Newspapers have mass reach and are the best medium to reach out to people within a city irrespective of their location. Hence, it is best for local businesses to place ads in the local newspapers.
- Have an event, a sale, or an offer for a limited period of time? The best way to let your customers know is to place ads in the local newspaper. The advantage to place ads in the local newspaper is that brands can use a different creative every day and create a better impact.
- Newspaper is the most trusted advertising medium in India. Any local brand trying to build trust among the customers should choose to place an ad in the local newspaper.
Most Frequently Asked Questions on Newspaper Advertising
1. How to put advertisements in newspapers?
The Media Ant aims to remove lengthy and onerous processes from placing advertisements in newspapers. Using the filters or search, an advertiser can rapidly compare several publications' newspaper advertisement rates, contrast them, and make a final reservation.
2. How much does newspaper advertising cost?
The cost of advertising in Newspapers varies greatly. The cost would depend on the Newspaper, the edition that has been selected, and the ad size. You can refer to the Newspaper tool page of The Media Ant to get rates for more than 2000 Newspapers in India and their editions.
3. What is the cost of newspaper advertising?
Getting your ad in a newspaper can be a costly proposition, but it doesn't have to be! The amount you'll pay per ad is based on a number of factors, including the time of day it runs and the size of the ad. For example, an ad that runs in the morning or evening will cost more than an ad that runs in the afternoon or evening. And finally, the price of the ad is based on how much information you're willing to include - text, photo(s), and/or graphics. The more space you want in your ad, the more it will cost per inch. So, plan your ad carefully, and you'll be well on your way to reaching your target audience.
4. What is the average newspaper ad cost?
The cost of a newspaper ad varies depending on factors such as the size of the ad, the newspaper's circulation, and the ad placement. A modest classified ad in a local newspaper may be less expensive than a full-page color advertisement in a newspaper.
5. How do I know the readership of a Newspaper?
The number of readers of a Newspaper also known as readership is reported by IRS ( Indian Readership Survey). As this is paid data, please ask your Newspaper advertising agency or the publication to furnish this. One should look at this data before placing an ad in the Newspaper.
6. How do I get discounts while advertising in Newspapers?
Discount on the Newspaper card rates depends on the ad size, brand category, and the number of inserts. Newspaper ad agencies can get you the best Newspaper advertising discounted rate once you share this data.
7. How long does it take for an ad to appear in the newspaper?
The advertisement must be reserved one day before the newspaper publication date. Therefore, the advertisement must be shared by the previous evening for a daily newspaper.
8. Will Newspapers help me design my ad?
Not all Newspaper agencies can help you with ad design. However, The Media Ant can help you design your Newspaper ad. The cost of Newspaper ad design would depend on the brief and is not included in the newspaper advertisement rates mentioned on the site.
9. Can I target specific demographics with newspaper advertising?
Yes, it is possible to target specific demographics with newspaper advertising. Many newspapers have a specific target audience, such as a local community, a particular age group, or a certain income level. You can reach a more specific audience by advertising in a newspaper that targets your desired demographic. Additionally, by placing your ad in a specific newspaper section, you can reach the audience most likely to be interested in your product or service. Also, targeted inserts, ads printed on a separate piece of paper inserted in the newspaper and delivered to specific zip codes or neighborhoods, can be used.
10. How many days in advance do I need to book my Newspaper ad?
One needs to book the ad 1 day in advance of the Newspaper print date. So for a Daily Newspaper, the ad needs to be shared by the prior evening.
11. Are the Newspaper advertising rates mentioned as the best rates for Newspaper Advertising?
No. The mentioned rates are not the best Newspaper Advertising rates available. Newspapers keep coming up with discounts and advertising packages for advertising. One should always check with their newspaper advertising agency or the publication directly on any additional discount.
12. In what format do Newspapers accept ads?
The accepted Newspaper advertising format is PDF.
13. Can I cancel the ad once booked?
Yes. Advertisers can cancel the ad after booking provided the Newspaper ad has already not been printed.
14. What steps need to be followed to place an ad in the Newspaper?
- Select the Newspaper where you would want to place the advertisement
- Select the date when you would like to place the ad
- Select the ad type
- Check for available discount
- Share the ad in the specified Newspaper advertising format
- Make the payment
15. How would I know if my ad was published?
A newspaper advertising agency would provide you with a soft copy of the ad the day the ad is placed. In a few days, the Newspaper advertising agency should share with you a hard copy of the Newspaper.
16. How To Give Ad In Newspaper?
Earlier, to give ads in newspapers, advertisers had to call individual newspaper offices to share their requirements, get a quote, and other relevant details like circulation, etc. This not only made the entire process longer but also used up human resources that could have been used for better things instead to give ads in newspapers.
The Media Ant was launched in 2012 with the objective to eliminate the long and cumbersome steps from the process to give ads in newspapers. Now, an advertiser can simply visit Newspaper Category and use filters or search to check newspaper advertisement rates of various newspapers, compare and make a final booking.
The process to give an ad in the newspaper does not end here. They can use The Media Ant website to schedule the newspaper ad and make online payments too.
17. Why advertise in newspapers?
Brands should advertise in newspapers for the following reasons:
- Most trusted advertising medium: If you advertise in a newspaper, you are making an official statement. That’s the degree of trust people have in advertisements in newspapers. Especially if you are a brand in the real estate or education field, consider advertising in the newspaper because the products cost a huge amount and are for long-term use.
- The most cost-effective to target local audience: Television is considered the most cost-effective when talking about cost per reach of advertising. However, in the case of local advertising, advertising in newspapers is the best decision considering the fact that popular cities have their own edition of newspapers.
- Low Turnaround Time: As already discussed, advertising in the newspaper, even a few days’ buffers works well. What this means is that brands can advertise in newspapers for a longer period and different creatures to create a positive impact.
18. What are the benefits of newspaper advertising?
The following are the benefits of newspaper advertising:
- Building trust for your brand: One of the greatest benefits of newspaper advertising is that the newspaper has a special place in every person’s heart. The reason is that newspapers and television have been the oldest source of information and entertainment. However, the resource and accessibility to place ads in newspapers and television used to be limited. This has changed now but the emotional connection people have with newspapers makes it one of the most important benefits of newspaper advertising.
- Creating awareness in the city: Newspaper advertising offers one of the best reach in the city and hence is very good for brand awareness advertising campaigns. This is another of the most important benefits of newspaper advertising.
- Ensuring people follow the Call to action: One of the benefits of newspaper advertising can also be the fact that since newspapers have a short shelf life, advertising in newspapers can be used to create urgency by using a call to action.
19. What means newspaper advertising?
Newspaper advertising refers to placing promotional messages in the newspapers by paying the newspaper advertising rates to the publications. There are several popular formats of newspaper advertising based on the size, position, and appearance of the ads. A few of the most popular newspaper ad formats are classified ads, front-page display ads, and full-page display ads.
20. How do I track the success of my newspaper ad?
The day the ad is placed, a newspaper advertising agency will send you a soft copy of the ad. The newspaper advertising agency should give you a physical copy of the newspaper in a few days.
Top 5 Newspaper Advertisers For Jan-March 2022:
- India Pharmaceutical Alliance