With millions of users engaged in sports and gaming every minute of the day, advertising on gaming and sports platforms has become an important medium to advertise for advertisers. Such users are twice as likely to pay attention to advertisements placed on mobile games and sports platforms compared to ads placed on non-gaming websites and platforms. This allows advertisers to connect with highly engaged consumers, given the right context. Also, it offers advertisers the perfect opportunity to connect with the millennial who are mostly the target audience for gaming and sports websites and apps, through digital advertising on gaming and sports platforms. Due to its strong connection with the youth, especially in tier 2 and tier 3 cities, advertising on sports and gaming platforms would be the best choice for brands in the field of education, restaurants/cafes, apps, food and beverages, lifestyle brands, etc. Not just the youth, advertisers can also target a wider audience by advertising on gaming and sports platforms as they are popular among all demographics.
- Massive reach and unparalleled engagement: There are currently more than 120 million monthly active users engaged in gaming and sports. This level of engagement can be attributed to the enticing games in this category and the high entertainment quotient. All these factors combined make digital advertising on sports and gaming platforms enticing for brands.
- Focus on performance: Video advertising to date has been limited to brand awareness campaigns. Sports and Gaming advertising is performance-focused and works on the CPC model as well. The biggest advantage of advertising on sports and gaming platforms is that the video ads play in between videos which are short as compared to in-video advertising in case of other OTTs.
- Young audience: More than 80% of users on sports and gaming platforms are below 35 years of age.
- Relatively uncluttered platform: Advertising on sports and gaming platforms is a newly-launched platform and is yet to achieve its full potential. This would give brands an uncluttered environment for advertising.
Sports is something that is watched and followed by a huge number of people, irrespective of where they belong and what language they speak. Advertising on sports news websites is a great way to reach a large fraction of your audience, especially if they are sports fanatics. It allows you to speak to a younger and more involved target group and present your brand in a unique environment. Digital advertising on sports news websites with prominent placements on top sites allows better ad performance, increases brand exposure, and gives higher ROI. Hence, one must consider advertising on sports news websites if their advertising objective is to create more awareness as well as generate leads for their brand. At the Media Ant, we offer a variety of sports news websites for you to advertise in – Cricbuzz, Sportskeeda, ESPN Cricinfo, Ten Sports, NBA, and IGN to name a few.
In-game advertising, or IGA, refers to advertising in computer and video games. It involves placing ads in the virtual environment of the game. The advertisements are integrated within computer/console games and mobile games and are generally seen in the form of pop-up messages, video ads, cut-scenes, and background displays. Virtual spaces are sold for advertising purposes to advertisers for in-game advertising, almost the same way as space is sold in the real world. Customers accept in-game advertising as they mostly prefer to play for free. In addition, gamers are willing to watch video ads for rewards.
In-game advertising helps brands reach their target audiences and helps in building recall about the brands. Ads in games are usually placed in a seamless manner where distractions from the game are minimized, however, most ads are placed in such a way that the recall is very high. Mostly, in-game advertising focuses on the category of games where the ads should be shown. These categories include Arcade Games, Board Games, Action Games, Sports Games, Puzzle Games, Word Games, Role Playing Games, Strategy Games, and many more. In-game advertising seems to be evolving a huge deal. Marketers are continuously looking for new ways to engage their audience and each new medium brings new opportunities for advertisers.
Digital advertising on sports and gaming platforms involves advertising using various ad formats. Following are some of the most popular ad types used by advertisers for advertising on sports and gaming platforms:
- Playable ads – These are ads used specifically on gaming platforms. It allows users to play within the ad, resulting in them having fun along with the advertiser generating revenue.
- Video ads – The content of the ad is enhanced by presenting it in the form of a video. These ads are more efficient in generating and retaining user’s interest.
- Banner ads – These are image ads in the shape of a rectangle that is visible on every page of the sports and gaming platforms. In a gaming app, it is in the form of a pop-up banner that appears when the app is initially opened.
- Native ads – These are content embedded video/image ads that are embedded within the content of the app or website.
- Audio ads – These ads are played in between live radio commentary in apps for advertising on sports and gaming platforms.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, popularly known as PUBG, is a multiplayer battle and war game in which players fight to be the last one standing and win a Chicken Dinner. With over 50 million downloads and 30 million active users per month, it is classified as one of the two unicorn mobile games in India. The rising popularity of PUBG in the gaming space makes it one of the most attractive platforms for advertisers to advertise in the area of digital advertising on sports and gaming platforms. PUBG app advertising is utilized by a variety of brands to reach out to their target audience. Ads can be placed in the form of banner or video ads.
Ludo King is one of the most popular games in India. Played by all age groups, in-game advertising in Ludo King is considered by many advertisers to advertise their brands. Ludo King achieved 350 million downloads in 2020 and became one of the top mobile board games in the world. Ads run seamlessly in all smartphone devices in India and advertising in Ludo King is indeed the best place to promote your business as the app delights millions of people every day. Whether it's an in-app promotion, display marketing, or branded challenges advertising in Ludo King offers you the opportunity to reach your target audience effectively.
Advertising on sports and gaming platforms is a highly engaging platform with a large reach. Several big brands like Pepsi, Myntra, Clean n Clear, etc have run campaigns on Sports Gaming. Due to its strong connection with youth especially those in Tier 2 and 3 cities, advertising on sports and gaming platforms would be the best choice for brands in the field of education, restaurants/cafes, food and beverages, apps, lifestyle brands, etc.
Sports and gaming platforms' advertising rates are determined by the pricing model selected. Sports and gaming advertising rates are available in Cost per Mille (CPM), Cost per Click (CPC) as well as Cost per View (CPV) basis. Advertisers can check the Sports Gaming advertising rates under the tab “Media Options and Pricing” on The Media Ant’s website. For more information, you can reach us at Help@TheMediaAnt.com.
The Media Ant is one of the best Sports and Gaming platforms advertising agency. We can help you set up your Sports and gaming advertising campaigns at the best advertising rates and optimize them to be most economic. The Media Ant as a sports and gaming platform advertising agency provides advertisers with the opportunity to target sports and gaming enthusiasts efficiently and effectively. We help you get better ROI and scalability to make your campaign a complete success. Not only advertising on sports and gaming platforms, but The Media Ant can also support you as your digital advertising agency in placing your advertisement with other popular platforms like Google, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Quora, Hotstar, Inshorts, Daily Hunt, Truecaller, Ola, Swiggy, etc. Apart from social media platforms and OTTs, The Media Ant has partnered with all the popular websites, M-sites, Apps, and Facebook Pages in India and can assure you to get the best sports and gaming platforms advertising rates and discounts. As your sports and gaming platform Advertising Agency, we would also support you in planning your advertising campaign and tracking your ad performance. You can contact us for obtaining the best discounts as well as to execute your Sports and gaming platform advertising campaign either online or by reaching us at Help@TheMediaAnt.com.