Monthly Active Users
Avg C T R
Entertainment, Fashion And Lifestyle
Hotstar offers the most compelling catalogue ever offered on mobile and the web, making it a complete video destination for consumers. The platform has been designed and purpose-built for one reason – to provide the best video experience for TV Shows, Movies and Sports, all in a single destination. You can access full-length episodes of your favourite TV Shows, full-length Bollywood, English, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, Marathi and Bengali movies in addition to live sports streaming which includes Cricket, ProKabaddi, Badminton etc.
Hotstar is India's highest used OTT platform with a whopping reach of 235 mn MAUs. Hotstar also has exclusive content from the Star TV Channels. Further, Hotstar offers Audiences from various walks of life such as sports enthusiast, fashion enthusiasts, and others through their 3rd party targeting options. All in all, Hotstar is a one-stop destination for reaching your target audience through branding as well as performance mediums.
Media Options in Hotstar Include the following -
1. Banner Ads - There are 2 types of banners on Hotstar, Instream Banners and Standard Banners. Standard Banners are placed in the Browsing section of the Hotstar App. Instream ads are placed when the user is watching a movie or a show in Hotstar. These appear between the video for a duration of 6-10 seconds. Both of these banners are popularly priced on a CPM(Cost per thousand impressions). Banners can be taken up on a cost per click basis as well.
2. Video Ads - There are 2 types of video ads on Hotstar, Pre Roll videos and Mid roll Videos. Pre roll videos play before the content starts playing. These are 6 second Ads. Mid Roll video ads are generally 10 -60 seconds long and are placed during the content being watched. These are priced on a CPV ( Cost per completed view basis)
3. Masthead Banner - This is the first property that a user sees when he opens the app. These are available for a cost per day basis..
4. App Install / Lead Generation - These are campaigns that are priced on the basis of actions taken by the user. Brands can run campaigns where the rate is per lead generated or per app installed by users. These ads generally run across all the properties available on Hotstar.
1. Gender and Age Targeting - One can target the audience according to their gender or age group. For example, a brand like My Protein would only find it relevant to target Males. Further, a university would prefer to target potential students in the age group of 18 - 24.
2. Geo Targeting - One can target the audience by their city or state or even the pin code. For example, a restaurant that only delivers in specific areas can easily select the pin codes to reach the right audience.
3. Interest Targeting - This targeting option is built on the basis of the type of content the user interacts with. For example, Nykaa would want to target beauty and fashion enthusiasts. Interest targeting can include various audience buckets such as Business, Fitness, Food, Hobbies, Shopping, Travel, and the like.
4. Language Targeting - One can target the audience by which language they are using the app. For example, an app that is only available in the Telugu language can use this filter to reach the right audience.
5. Genre Targeting - One can target the audience based on specific Genre like Comedy, Drama, Comedy etc
6. Device Targeting - Device targeting is a wide range of options ranging from the brand of the device, cost of the device to type of device. For example, an app that is only available on android phones could select "android phones" as a targeting option.
7. Advanced Targeting - Advanced Targeting includes brand specific audiences created such as a retargeting list, look likes, and even an offline list of customers.
Hotstar being an entertainment platform attracts audiences from various target audiences. Considering the targeting offered by Hotstar, The following objectives can be fulfilled on Hotstar -
- Brands that are looking to create and/or increase their brand awareness should advertise on Hotstar. This is because Hotstar offers a wide range of niche targeting options such as interest, age, gender and genre targeting. Apart from the targeting offered, users are highly engaged on Hotstar implying that Hotstar as a platform has a potential to generate a high recall for advertisements. Further, Hotstar being India's biggest OTT platforms offers the opportunity to scale campaigns like no other.
- Brands that are looking to scale up their performance i.e. App Install/Lead Generation and Click campaigns will find that Hotstar offers a premium audience that can be topped easily. Hotstar has seen a surprisingly low Uninstall Rate as compared to the industry. This is mainly due to the type of audience on Hotstar as well as the Multiple touch points that it offers with users.
|Brand Name||Industry||Ad Type||CTR|
|NCC Urban||Real Estate||Banner||0.9%|
|Amazon Business||E- Commerce||Banners+Video||2.98%|
|Region||Reach (In Millions)|
|Rest of India||8%|
|Age / Gender||Male||Female|
|Graduates and Above||65%|
|Average Price of Phone||15,200|
|Average money spent on online shopping||7,000|
*Subjec to changes in actual event dates
Step 1: Add Media to the Dashboard
Step 2: Customize it as per your requirement using the filters below:
|Placement Page||Run On Site/ Home Page/ Movie Page|
|Dimension||300 x 250/ 120 x 600/ 728 x 90|
|Banner Type||Leaderboard/ Tower/ Rectangle|
Step 3: Select Start and end Date
Step 4: Upload artwork and make payment
When the campaign is live, you will get a link of dashboard from where you can track the campaign on daily basis.
After the completion of campaign, a Video Plaza Report will be shared with you.
App Install Campaigns make it easy to promote Apps and are mainly designed to drive installations of your mobile App. This ad type appears on different placements where the user is redirected to app within the stores. This type of campaign helps in measuring the impact of the Ad Spend and also incentivizes users to download the App. Ad type includes Videos, Banners and Native Ads. It is an effective way of growing your business. App install ensures higher accuracy of targeting and helps in identifying key audience.
The Media Ant is committed towards getting the most accurate data for the users. Hence, we ensure the advertising rates are updates on a frequent basis. Hotstar Advertising is one of the most popular Digital advertising option hence it is very important for advertisers to know Hotstar Advertising Rates 2021. You can find the updated Hotstar Advertising Rates 2021 under the tab “Media Options & Pricing” To know the last updated date for Hotstar Media Kit 2021, please check the blue tick beside the Hotstar Advertising Rates under the Media Options tab.
Can I advertise in select IPL 2019 matches?
Yes, you can select the IPL 2019 matches where you would like to play your ads given you have enough impressions in your package. Please check the table in the data section to know the optimum number of matches that can be covered according to the packages.
Can multiple creatives be used for advertising during live IPL matches on Hotstar?
Yes, you can use multiple creatives for advertising during live IPL matches on Hotstar. You can also set a schedule for your creatives.
Can I retarget the audience on other programs along with/after advertising on IPL 2019?
Yes, advertisers can run additional campaigns retargeting the audience of IPL 2019 ads along with/after the IPL 2019 advertising campaign.
Will the paid subscribers (Sports Pack and Premium Pack) of Hotstar see the ads played during live IPL matches?
Yes, ads played during live IPL matches would be served to the paid subscribers of Hotstar too.
Will there be any frequency cap on ads served on Hotstar during IPL 2019 matches?
Hotstar would endeavor to maintain an optimum frequency of ads per user however, there is no frequency cap available this time. After the campaign is over, advertisers would receive the report detailing the frequency of ads played during the campaign.
Will I be able to target the audience by age and gender during IPL 2019 matches?
Gender can be targeted. However, there is no age targeting. The two target groups on basis of gender and age are- Female (all age groups) and Male (30+ years).
How long will it take for my ad to go live?
Once the campaign is confirmed, it may take up to 48 hours for the ad to go live.
What is the difference between CPM and CPC pricing?
CPM stands for Cost per mille viz. Cost per Thousand Impression. You pay when your ad is shown 1000 times.
CPC stands for Cost per Click. You pay when someone clicks on your ad.
Can the impressions be distributed equally across he campaign?
Daily impression delivery doesn’t remain constant but can fluctuate by up to 200%.
Can there be a difference between number of clicks reported by the publisher to clicks being shown in my Google analytics?
The clicks shown on the report may not match the actual visits (as per your analytics) to the website as there is usually a significant click to drop off rate. Every click recorded by the advertiser's dashboard does not end up on the landing page which causes this discrepancy.
You can click here to understand in detail the tech reason for the discrepancy in these two numbers.
Is there a chance that my ad can get paused in the middle of a campaign?
Yes. All platforms prioritize Roadblocks over ROS ads and hence in case of such a premium booking, the delivery of your ad will be paused, and the campaign might need to be extended.
© 2021 The Media Ant - A Haystack Marketing Services Pvt.Ltd. brand. All icons and images © to their respective owners.