About The Media Ant
Media Ant is an 8-year-old media agency. Advertisers use TheMediaAnt.com to select, plan, and buy advertising space. For e.g. One can choose the right radio stations and digital advertising avenues in Delhi, prepare a plan based on the budget and then pay & book online.
Media Ant site enables anyone with an internet connection to be able to create their own marketing plan and execute it. www.TheMediaAnt.com is also the world’s largest free online repository of media-related information.
Through the use of technology and the right mix of online-offline support, Media Ant is able to help any brand execute their ad campaign irrespective of their spend size and geography.
Media Ant is the winner of various startup awards including Economic Times Power of Ideas and Top Bootstrapped Startups in India.
What is the role of Partnerships Team in Media Ant?
Partnerships team is divided into multiple media verticals (total of 10 as of now) such as Digital, Radio, Television, Outdoor, etc. Influencer Marketing is a recent addition. The candidate will be assigned to Digital Advertising Vertical and will have multifaceted roles as below -
- Research & Tie-Up: Identifying new advertising options/mediums and forming tie-up with respective media owners. Also, enriching the data of existing advertising option listed on The Media Ant
- Negotiation, Media buying, and Execution: Building a thorough understanding of the advertising medium so that it enables in negotiating towards the right price and smooth execution of marketing campaigns on such advertising mediums
- Product Improvement: Working in collaboration with the Product team to drive improvement for the selected media vertical
- Communication: Effective communication with media owners and internal team members so that there are smooth execution and a good relationship
- Vendor Relationships: The role includes reaching out to vendors (Media owners/Publishers), getting media-related information from them (rates, images, reach, etc.), listing them on the site, and updating this data on regular intervals. This involves maintaining good relationships with vendors that ensure mutual growth.
Everyday job involved – Associate Manager Team Partnerships
- Ad campaign execution involving negotiation, booking, and reporting
- Supporting Ad Sales by providing accurate, verified, and useful data. Includes acquiring, checking availability, best rates, and the like.
- Project creation and management for improving tool performance
Key Areas of Responsibility – Associate Manager Team Partnerships
- Managing Profitability of the vertical
- Ensuring the smooth flow of information and execution of campaigns
- Ensuring upkeep and improvement of the tool
What will you learn in 3 months?
- Basics of the Digital (Non-Biddable) Ads Industry
- Media Buying – Basics
What will you learn in 6 months?
- Working knowledge of the Digital (Non-Biddable) Ads Industry
- Media Buying – Intermediate
- Media Planning – Basics
- Project Creation and Management - Basics
What will you learn in 1 Year?
- Thorough understanding of the Digital (Non-Biddable) Ads Industry
- Media Buying – Advance
- Media Planning – Intermediate
- Project Creation and Management – Intermediate
- Intrapreneurial Skills
Typical Campaign Flow at The Media Ant
Flipkart decides to advertise on Hotstar with Geo-Targeting of Bhopal through The Media Ant. The partnerships team would get in touch with the vendors, negotiate a discount, get ads(creative) from Flipkart, and share it with the vendors. Once the campaign is live, the Partnerships team gets in touch with vendors, collect screenshots as proof of execution, updates daily report of the delivery of the campaign, and share it with the client.
MBA with more than 65% across 10th, 12th, Graduation
Work experience requirement
- Freshers to 2 years (maximum) of work experience can apply
- Candidate with a background in vendor onboarding/listing that involved talking to the vendors would be preferred. eCommerce marketplace like Snapdeal, Flipkart, Uber Eats, Swiggy, Qtrove, IndiaMart, JustDial, etc where vendors are on-boarded and listed are good examples of such companies
Other important skills and traits required to succeed in this role and The Media Ant, general:
- Ownership and should not accept NO as an answer
- Ability to build and nurture relationships with team and partners
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to feedback and take up additional responsibilities
- Good at communication (Verbal and written)